Move On

----------

Y/N's POV

I guess when she said that she loves me forever, she only meant my forever, not hers. Because here she is, standing magnificently in an elegant white dress, the one that we shopped for together when we thought that we'd never be parted. But oh Merlin, we were wrong.

They say finding true love is a once in a lifetime opportunity, but the Gryffindor Girl had always been a rule-breaker, and I'm glad she was able to find it twice.

Because I knew that no matter how long I hold on, she'll need to let me go, sooner or later. So I forgave her for breaking my heart the same way my absence broke hers.

"Look beautiful as always, my love." I whispered as I walked her down the aisle.

My only wish was to be the person waiting for her at the end. It hurts more than I ever expected, seeing someone claim what had always been yours.

Hermione walked right through me, her hands intertwining with Ron's as they gazed into eachothers eyes. Alas, I saw the spark in her eyes, the spark that she held for me, but this time I wasn't in the reflection.

They said their vows to eachother as I let out a low chuckle, realising they were the exact vows that Hermione and I said to eachother when we were nervously practicing for our future wedding.

"You are the love of my life." said Hermione.

I never thought that a single sentence could sound so bitter, but it was only because she wasn't saying it to me. But nonetheless, Hermione smiled. She smiled, maybe not at me, but she still smiled, so I smiled as well, despite feeling devastated as though I was dying twice.

Watching her love from an outsider's perspective, although it wasn't with me, it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever experience.

And finally, they placed the rings to their fingers, their happiness evident on their faces. And although I have no organs in my body, my heart shattered in a million pieces as I realised someone made her happier than I ever did.

"Congratulations, my love. I'm proud of you." I whispered with a small smile, for Hermione had finally moved on. The little bit of me that was left died, watching her love someone else the way she loved me.

Hermione let out a laugh, the laugh that made me fall in love with her. And as I watched this moment, I wondered, will she ever think of me ever again?

I watch as her laughter soon die away as she was left alone for a brief moment. Her gaze averted down onto the bouquet in her hands, and I realised they contained my favourite flowers.

She looked down, her lips curling into a grin that they used to always share, she then looked up into the sky, a tear trickling down her freckled face.

"I saved you a seat, you know." she whispered, jerking her head in the direction of an empty seat right at the front.

"Till death do us apart, right my love?" murmured Hermione tearfully. "You're so cruel." she whispered with a shake of her head, her tears dropping down onto the bouquet.

And the mere memory of me faded at our final goodbye.

----------