Midnight Stroll

----------

"Aguamenti."

Y/N felt water pouring down onto her face, and hell it was a wrong move to take a deep breath as water entered her nose.

"What the actual—" choked Y/N. "Are you trying to drown me in my sleep?" they said, letting out a cough.

"I was trying to wake you up peacefully but that didn't work." said Hermione's voice, Y/N immediately spotting the bushy hair in the darkness.

"Why would you wake me up at this time!" said Y/N in disbelief, looking up at the clock, reading that it was currently three in the morning. "The sun isn't even awake itself!"

"I wanted to have a lovely midnight stroll with my girlfriend, thank you very much." protested Hermione with a huff. "Now get off the bed. I'll wait for you outside."

----------

The couple began to walk together, Hermione rambling about her day as Y/N looked at her with sheer admiration, taking in every feature of her appearance, her ears listening to every detail that the bushy haired girl confided her in, and holding her hand with such delicacy.

Now, you might ask. Why would they want to have a stroll at three in the morning, when they could just simply do it after classes? I'll tell you why.

The school called Hermione 'Miss Little Perfect', which was a completely appropriate nickname for a good girl like herself. She was practically the epitome of your classic popular smart girl.

And of course, there was always a guy whom everybody wanted her with. Harry Potter, who was always at the top of the class just like her. Everyone would constantly tease the both of them about being the perfect couple.

'Miss Little Perfect' and 'The Chosen One'. Sounds just about right, doesn't it?

But Hermione didn't want any of that. Instead, she wanted the person who would always disrupt class, the person who would pester anyone that came across them. She wanted the person whom people would call 'The Lost Cause'.

Oh 'Miss Little Perfect'. What would people say about Gryffindor's Good Girl get caught in an act with 'The Lost Cause'?

What would they say about 'Miss Little Perfect' when she would constantly sneak out at night with her lover just to enjoy snogging sessions, Y/N's sweet perfume lingering on Hermione's bedsheets, Y/N's lips and lovebites tattooed on her skin.

The thought of their relationship being public was practically a work of fiction. Hermione's status as 'Miss Little Perfect' was not to be gambled with.

"Hey, it's the spot where you fell completely utterly in love with me." claimed Y/N, pointing her finger at Hagrid's pumpkin patch.

"Y/N." said Hermione with a roll of her eyes.

"Okay. It's the spot where you flirted with me for ten seconds and I fell completely utterly in love with you." said Y/N with a huff.

"That's what I thought." hummed Hermione with a satisfied smirk. "Now shut up and give me my good morning kiss." she pouted, cupping Y/N's jaw, tugging it downwards as she went on her tiptoes eagerly.