Ghost of You

Hermione's Heartache

----------

Hermione's POV

Several lips have met mine after you left, only to cure the immense amount of pain you gave me, and yet it's still your lips that I imagine.

Men's fingers left ink trails on my skin, the whisper of their touch would maybe tickle my flesh. But you, you made me laugh without tickling, you made me feel without touching, you made me understand even without your presence. Your soul touched me in a way fingertips could not.

Sure, I had plenty of lovers. But who would've thought that you would've been the lover that made me forget about the rest?

Sometimes, I wish for you. I wish for you to come back. As a ghost, or even a nightmare I can't give a damn. I miss reading books at night with the cold breeze of your open window. I miss being tangled beneath the covers of your warm sinking bed. I miss the long nights of whispered secrets, listening as the bird's songs began to fade. We could've had everything, if only you stayed.

Oh, so it's back, isn't it? That feeling of missing you. You made me carefree and reckless in your presence, wandering about in our own imperfectly perfect little world. Where shall I wander without you around now, my love?

And so I shall have to bare with only my heart beating for you now, whilst I watch the stars, each constellation looking down at me pitifully as I whispered my wishes into the night sky.

Perhaps it's my fault that you're gone.

You used to swing me under the moonlight and hum with the clouds. That was only until I turned my focus on other irrelevant people. You kept your silence when you watched them grab my hips. You always stayed quiet and grinned happily as I rambled about my day when I never bothered to ask about yours.

I was the river, and you were my flow. I was the candle, and you were my glow. We were the difference between a pet cat, and a stray cat. We were opposing words in a combat. I was all things pain and you were the aid. And yet I still find myself missing the memories we never made.

You were my flowers, my bouqet of dripping roses. With the thorns, you granted me blood. With the petals, you granted me weakness. Even though I was late, I tried to give you my sunshine, my raindrops and my shade. You left me watering these roses and left me to figure out that they were soon to be gone.

You reminded me of all the seasons. I saw sprouts of spring in your smile, caught flakes of winter in your eyes. Summer came with your laugh with the brightness of your skin the warmth of your sublime. But no matter how hard the sun shone, you returned like autumn and somehow, I managed to fall.

Our love was like chalk on a pavement. It was an artwork of bright colours splayed out for everyone to see. But soon the sky darkened and the clouds began to pour. The bright colours rolled down the pavement, and none of the chalk remained. I just wished that our love survived even when it rained.

You left me too numb to cry, and so the sky did it for me.

For the moon shall constantly change, but my love for you shall remain the same.

----------

yeah im still alive