Heartache

----------

You could say that Y/N (Y/L/N) had it all. From mountains of golden galleons to dating the girl she had always dreamed of, The Gryffindor Golden Girl.

But she should have been more careful of what she wished for. She wished to be loved by Hermione; and while she got her wish, what she didn't realise was that this love could be twisted and dark, creeping up and strangling her everytime Hermione played the victim, her toxicity revolving around her.

The two girls were in the girls dorm doing their homework, sitting down on the floor, books and parchments sprawled everywhere around them.

"Y/N." spoke Hermione, Y/N letting out a sigh as she realised the stern tone, feeling herself already shrinking. "Why didn't you tell me that Parkinson was your partner for the Potions homework?"

"So?" said a bewildered Y/N, frowning at the cold look on the bushy haired girls freckled face. "Mione It's not a big deal—"

"Not a big deal!" repeated Hermione, slamming her book shut angrily, setting it aside. "Honestly! You know how she has a huge crush on you!— Hell, everybody does but you still won't confide your girlfriend with this information?"

"I wouldn't cheat on you!" said an exasperated Y/N, quirking up her eyebrows. "You know I wouldn't—"

"Oh do I?" interrupted Hermione, her tone icy, her glare shooting daggers at the poor girl. "I'm not so sure of that."

The room was now filled with uncomfortable and awkward silence as Y/N gaped at her in disbelief.

"If that's what you think of me, then be it." spat Y/N harshly as she stood up, about to make her way out of the room.

"W-Wait no— I didn't mean t-that." said Hermione, unable to stop her voice from cracking. She grasped her wrist to prevent her from leaving. "Y/N come on, you can't blame me—"

"How can I not blame you for always doubting my love?" scoffed Y/N, yanking her hand away from the bushy haired girls grip. "It's getting quite late, I'm going back to my dorm. Good night."

----------

Two days had passed ever since the fight. Neither of them exchanged words to eachother, not even a glance.

"What's wrong? Why so distant with Granger?" Cho asked Y/N, nudging her arm gently to get her attention. "Again, at least." she added with a roll of her eyes.

"Just another fight." shrugged Y/N. "I'm planning to talk to her later today anyways. I'm over this fight."

----------

Y/N walked over to Hermione's dorm rather nervously. She knocked on the door gently until she heard a voice saying "Come in."

"Happy birthday—" said Y/N as she opened the door and stepping inside, feeling all the air in her lungs go away.

She went inside the room only to find Hermione's arms flung around Cormac McLaggen's neck, while his were circled around her waist. The bushy haired girl went into a fit of giggles at the look on Y/N's face.

"Ah, (Y/L/N)! I just came here to give my present as well!" said Cormac with a sly smirk.

Y/N's eyes travelled down, seeing his belt on the floor. Her eyes flickered back up as she felt her eyes sting at the satisfied grin plastered on the bushy haired girls freckled face.

"What's wrong, (Y/L/N)? Cat got your tongue?" giggled Hermione. She gave the girl one last smirk before turning her eyes back on Cormac, cupping his face, pulling him into a kiss.

Cormac happily let his eyes flutter close, kissing her back as his hand skimmed over Hermione's thigh. Hermione glanced at Y/N, smirking into the kiss.

Y/N's vision with now blurry, her knuckles white from how hard she was clenching her fist, her nails digging into her palm.

"Happy fucking birthday." said Y/N in a monotone voice, throwing her gift harshly on the floor.

She turned her back on them and left the room, and once she was out, she broke into a run, sprinting to the Prefects bathroom.

She muttered the password and got inside, feeling her heart constrict as she replayed the scene over and over again, not daring to believe it actually happened.

Her legs felt like they were about to give up on her as she clutched her shirt where her heart is, stumbling on the floor, her back hitting the cold wall. Her hands travelled onto her head, her fingers burying themselves in her hair, grasping her hair harshly as she slid down onto the floor.

And that was when she broke into a sob, her breathing going uneven with each cry she let out. She was panting, wailing, but she wanted to stop crying, feeling as though there was an invisible hand wrapped around her neck, squeezing it harder and harder with each second.

Her chest was heaving up and down frantically, her hands shaking uncontrollably as she felt her tears staining her shirt. She never believed of the concept of a heartbreak, but now it felt like Hermione had just walked up to her and shoved a dagger harshly in her heart, shedding it to pieces.

But that wasn't important right now since Y/N felt like she was suffocating, trying to even her breathing but failed miserably as her face contorted in pain.

She was so tired. Both physically and mentally drained. Her night was filled with overwhelming thoughts and never ending tears. And with a last gasp in attempt to get her breathing back to normal, everything went dark and blank.

She went to sleep; but perhaps it would be a much longer one than anybody would have expected.

----------

Will post the next part after a few

Yall want a happy ending or nah?