Dracula: 3

( part 2 got deleted for having smut. )
----------

Petty was a word that people always described Hermione for years. She remembered the conversation between Y/N and her step brother, Aether. She continously questioned Y/N all night, trying to get her to spill the truth, but unfortunately, she failed.

And as the absolute Know-It-All Hermione Granger is, she decided to find out the truth by herself, meaning that she'll follow Y/N while using the invisibility cloak, no harm will be done, right? At least, she thought so.

It's half past eleven and Y/N had already sneaked out of the castle, accompanied by Aether. Hermione followed them closely, reminding herself to scold Y/N for being outside after curfew.

The three of them went down to the Whomping Willow, making Hermione quite bewildered, half of her knew where this was going, but she wouldn't believe it.

She watched Y/N look down at the watch on her wrist as Aether looked up at the full moon.

"He-He can't be—" gasped Hermione from under the cloak.

Y/N averted her gaze off from her watch to Aether, watching him finally transform to a werewolf. Worry pooled in Hermione's stomach, bemused at the fact that Y/N didn't make a move to get away from him.

"Y/N! Get away from him!" yelled Hermione, taking the cloak off her.

Y/N jumped back behind out of shock, turning around to face Hermione. She looked from her step brother to Hermione, cursing at herself under her breath for not telling the bushy haired girl the truth so that she wouldn't feel the need to follow them.

"You don't understand, Granger!" said Y/N, her tone filled with exasperation. "Leave! Get back in the castle—"

"I can't just leave you!" protested Hermione angrily as her fists clenched tightly.

"Please just leave!" shouted Y/N just as angrily as Hermione. The two girls let out a small gasp as the fully transformed werewolf gave a howl. "RUN!"

And oh boy, Hermione didn't need to be told twice. She ran into the Forbidden Forest, not even caring of what she'll also encounter in it. Y/N was running behind her, along with the werewolf.

Y/N tripped on a branch, letting out a mix of swear words. The werewolf ran past her, it seemed to be aiming for Hermione, and her only.

Adrenaline pumped in Hermione's legs, moving as fast as she could possibly go. She ran and ran, until she finally hit a dead end. Her back hit the tree as the werewolf gradually moved towards her.

Hermione's chest was heaving up and down, cursing at herself for not getting her wand with her. Her eyes were widened in slight fear, she was going to get hit and probably turn to a werewolf herself.

The werewolf raised its sharp claws, ready to hit the bushy haired girl. Hermione snapped her eyes closed, trapping her bottom lip between her teeth, accepting what was about to happen.

That was until she felt arms wrapping around her firmly, a body towering over hers as she smelled the familiar scent, her eyes snapping open in shock.

SLASH

The werewolf had clawed her back, ripping her shirt and making five sharp prominent scratches on her back, blood gushing out everywhere.

Y/N let out a shaky breath, turning her head to face Hermione. Their eyes met, the bushy haired girl stood frozen in her place at Y/N's sacrifice.

"It's okay, vampires can heal faster than humans." murmured Y/N weakly with a forced smile, her jaw clenching tightly at the pain on her back.

And that was when Hermione realised that she had truly fallen for the girl on front of her.