32. Wedding ritual...making a garland. ( part 1 )

Khushi's ( POV )

" This is not a ritual but we follow it in our family. That the flower Garland that the groom wears during the wedding is made by the bride , she has to personally go and pick flowers and make the Garland . " said aunty to us. I in my entire life have never made a Garland .

" But where we will find so many flowers here ? " asked Zoya bhabi. " This place is so beautiful, always full of flowers , I am sure you will get some . " said aunty.

" I never heard about such ritual. Its quite different. " said Rose Mam , neither have I. But in another way , have you ever seen any exciting wedding as mine ?

" It was not a ritual but my mother - in - law used to make really nice garlands and for that her mother - in - law told her to make a Garland for her husband to wear on wedding day and from that time this ritual is include in our family ....just for fun. Even zoya did it. " said aunty pointing at zoya.

" Yes , which Aditiya teared in anger. " she said looking side ways towards Aditiya bhai. "I said sorry for that. " oh ! they are so cute together. " Don't worry I wouldn't do that. " whispered Arnav.

" What if I make bad garland one that you can't wear. " I told him , not teasing I am really scared. " Don't worry its going to be good , don't take much stress. " he whispered back. " Thanks " I told and focused on the silence hall and all eyes on us moment.

" Will I go alone ? Than how will I manage ? " I threw the question on them before anyone could start teasing me. Zoya gave me a teasing smile and than told " No , we will come with you of course, unless you want someone else. " she said looking towards Arnav.

And that's why she is our Zoya bhabi , " Di , I paid the people who tied the stage for the program , everything is ready , just the haldi paste is left. " said Noor getting in the room saving me from the awkward situation.

" Noor come over we are talking about something important. " I said and rushed her to sit with me. " Are you discussing about the Garland making ritual ? " she asked and I filled in the things she missed.

" All the girls will take her and find flowers , now come on get ready for it , and zoya beta stay here so we could arrange the haldi ceremony....and do the rituals that elder daughter-in-law of the house does. " said aunty.

" why stopping her ? She is Bhabi she has full right to go and as for the haldi paste and other works we can handle it let the girl go. Other rituals can wait. " said my mom. And that's end of the discussion.

Well , they sat down together and made me wear a yellow lahanga with green dupatta , they tied my hairs in a nice bun with different flower ornaments , they handed me a bowl to carry flowers in it.

The process of walking is so good , all the ladies will hold a cloth above my head from four corners and I will walk under it. This is really exciting. So zoya Bhabi , Noor , sahara and Rukshar took each corner of the sari , Jhanvi and madam Rose walking beside me carrying baskets which have little gifts ( packet of ladoo , invitation card , and a silver ganesh murti ) for the people from whose garden we will bring flowers.

" Zoya di , start the song " said Noor , Zoya bhai nodded , so they even have song for this ritual. Must say unique rituals. Zoya bhabi singed first and others slowly followed. So the lyrics of the song is this :

Phool o ka singar kiya hai ,
Hai pariyon sa nikhar.
( Decorated myself with flowers looking
like an angle )
Sajh Dhaj ke Radha nikli,
banane kishan ke liya haar.
( After getting ready Radha got out
to make Garland for Krishna )
Malah ke haar phool pe bhu
Pyar sanjoyagi.
( she will tie love with every single
flower of the Garland )
Bhu haar pehana ka kishan Ku
apna banayagi.
( She will make Krishna hers by
making him wear the garland )
Jagh dekhagi , Duniya dekhagi , prem se
Kaisa Radha kishan Ku apna banayagi.
( The earth and the world will see how Radha will tie
Krishna with love )
Subh ghari main Radha Krishna ek hu jayanga.
( on the grand moment Radha kishan will be together )

I must say the song is really nice , they were singing , having fun with each other. We plucked flowers from two garden and gave them gift. Now its Judge Hudson wells house turn and I don't think its going to be a good journey.

We ranged the gate bell , so that he could let us in. Last time we were thieves so we skipped that part but this time , I don't think we can do that. Mr Hudson opened the gate and looked towards us with questioning eyes.

None of us could speak we just stood their , than Rose mam came in our rescue , she said " I know this flowers are really dear to you but we need them for our rituals

None of us could speak we just stood their , than Rose mam came in our rescue , she said " I know this flowers are really dear to you but we need them for our rituals. " Mr Hudson didn't changed his face expression and told " This flowers are like prayer for me , my life... Why would I let you take them ? " his question has made it clear... No rose on my Garland.

" Nothing is more pure than love , love is what makes us human , and this young couple is going to get tied in knot of love forever... as elders we must bless them. And we know nothing could compliment love like rose.... Please let us take some. " she pleaded hope that works.

" I don't believe in such concepts " he said , no wonder Arnav is scared of him ,that guy is so harsh. " Growing rose...why so much thorn in heart ? Give them a chance you wouldn't regret it. " she said sweetly.

" Alright get in. " he said opening the gate wide enough for us to enter. She went in to start plucking roses. " What a splendid garden ... You did yourself ? " said Rose Mam admiring the garden.
" All alone " said Mr Hudson proudly.

" By the way I am Rose wells , professor of ' Joyashri dance university ' " she said introducing herself. " Judge Hudson wells , ex Judge of High court. " he introduced and that followed ' No really ? ' , ' yes that's true ' , ' You too young for that ', ' Have a son in London ', ' shut up...no way ' , ' Heard that case ? ' , ' yeah ! So how you managed ? ' .

We outsiders were just standing with flowers and gifts in our hands. " What just happened ? " asked Jhanvi. " Apparently , love has shown how powerful  it is " said zoya.

" Here your gift thank you for cooperating , do come to attended the haldi ceremony. " said Madam Rose. " usually I don't like that much crowd. " he said . " sometimes its better to be in the crowd of relatives than being lonely. " said Rose Mam.

" Should have brought rings to exchange "said Noor in a whisper,
" That wouldn't be far Inshallah " said Rukshar. Together we left the Hudson house. Boys are going to love the news. What a fine topic to talk about. I can't wait to go home.

Authors Note :

If you know any wedding rituals which you think are performed in your house than do share them with me and I will put them in my story with your username with it.

And also do tell me who is your favourite character in the story excluding Arshi. Which couple you like ? Comment and let me know.

The readers who voted and supported my story , who commented on my story I really thank you so much. Your support means a lot to me.

Thank you 🍰♥.