Awake

-Why does my head hurt... I didn't think hangovers were this bad...- Donnie thought.

   Donatello was still laying in bed, not wanting to open his eyes. He shuffled slighty and felt you right next to him. Your presence gave him the willpower to open his eye and look at you, and then at his oddly placed hand.

   -Why is my hand on her belly?-

   You opened your eyes and saw him looking at his hand.

   "Morning, hangover-head," you hummed.

   "Geez, I don't even remember how much I drank... I remember having some cider and then I had some shots with Casey and Raph..."

   "Mhm, thats why you don't drink a lot, Donnie,"

   He nodded sleepily and yawned, slowly rising as to not made his headache worse. As he got up, he looked at you and you spoke.

   "You were so cute last night,"

   His eyes widened, he stood up and he stumbled back "Wait, I didn't- we didn't uhh- you have clothes on under the blanket, right??"

   "Yes, you silly goose!" You laughed, opening the blanket and showing off your clothes from the night before.

   "Oh thank god... but what do you mean by me being cute last night?"

   "Well... you were sweet. Very touchy and kissy but in a romantic way. You never intended anything sexual and... oh, before I forget,"

   You went up to him and held his hand and gently placed it over your right breast. He began stuttering and blushing with no signs of stopping. Although it made him so flustered, he didn't even try to pull it away.

   "(Y/n)... I um... um, why- I mean- so uh..."

   "Well since you asked so politely last night, you get what you asked for,"

   Donnie gasped, yanking his hands away and turning around with his hands covering his heated face. "OH GOD, PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE JOKING!"

   You burst into laughter and hugged him from behind. "I told you I'd let you hold one when you were sober!"

   Donnie's face was completely flushed red and he felt so embarrassed. It was something he had always wanted to ask but he was way too scared to.

   "Please uh... Don't tell anyone I asked you that. You can forget about it and I promise I wont ask again-"

   "Donnie, stop worrying! I won't tell your brothers, or Casey. Now April and Maven though..."

   "HONEY, PLEASE! I will give you back rubs all week, just don't tell anyone,"

   "I won't. Im just messing with you," you chuckled. "Let's get you some water and a snack. Maybe something for the headache,"

   Donnie sighed with relief and before he opened the door, a thought came to him. "Geez, you don't think Splinter knows we were drinking, do you?"

   "Well, we almost got caught but I think Raph handled it,"

   You followed Donnie out to the kitchen where Mikey was already cooking. Donnie got himself a glass of water.

   "It's about time you got up, D! But no worries, I'm still going to make breakfast!" Mikey carefully put an egg on a slice of toast and served it to Splinter, who was at the table with Leo, who was obviously an early bird, and Raphael. "Over easy, runny yolk. Just the way you like it Sensei!"

   Splinter smiled, feeling so proud of his son. "Thank you, Michelangelo. いだたきます," [idatakimasu]

   "No problem sensei. What do you want, Don?"

   Donnie looked at Splinter's food and saw him break the yolk and let it settle into the bread. Donnie impulsively made a Yeccch sound and covered his mouth.

   "I just want toast," Donnie replied.

   "Alrighty!"

   You laughed a little and put your hand on Donnie's shoulder. "I'll have whatever you give me, Mikey,"

   Donnie sipped his water and kept looking down at his glass. His headache was getting triggered by the lights in the kitchen. The poor sweetie must have been having a little photophobia.

   Mikey made you some french toast; that he must have meant he was feeling better.

   "Raph told me you had a cold. I guess you're feeling a lot better, eh Mikey?" You said.

   "Man, you have no idea! I slept like a baby last night. I don't even remember being that sick, it was so bad,"

   You glanced at Donnie and laughed, looking back at Mikey. "Well I'm sure I know what thats like. I'm glad youre feeling well enough to make breakfast, little buddy,"

   Mikey smiled at you. He liked when you called him "little buddy".

   After breakfast, you brought Donnie to his lab. "So, do you think hangovers are worth it?"

   "Only a little... I can't remember how much fun I even had, so... it's not like I made any memories. I need some ibuprofen or something,"

   "I'll get some for you. Just rest your head for a bit,"

   "Hey, Honey?"

   "Yeah, what's up?"

   "Were you mad? That I drank?"

   "At first... yeah. You always talked about how drinking was stupid and that it does more harm than good and all that, so seeing you take drinks so easily felt so... hypocritical, but then I thought about how I got drunk. Then all I wanted was to make sure you were okay,"

   Donnie smiled at you.

   "And you were way too cute to stay mad at. You're so genuine and wholesome,"

   "Really? You think me wanting to—" he glanced at your chest and immediately looked away, clearing his throat. "I don't see what makes that seem wholesome to you,"

    "It's that exactly. It's how you just adored me... even without being in a sexual manner. It made me feel safe, you know?"

   "Yeah, I do,"

   You found a little bottle of ibuprofen in Donnie's cabinet and gave it to him, then reaching up to massage his head a little. His eyes were squinting slightly because it still seemed too bright for him.

   "I think the weirdest part was getting along with Casey last night,"

   "Yeahhh. Funny things happen when you're drunk,"