QUARANTINE, THE BIRDS AND THE BEES

Listen, idk what this chapter is. Just enjoy it okay? At first it was like meant to be like a sick day but I wanted to incorporate more real conversations so--- YEAH UM DONT COME AT ME FOR JUST THINKING AND WRITING DOWN MY BRAIN WORDS

<><><><><>

   It was like any other day. You went to school, came back to the sewers, finished an assignment, watched TV, had some snacks, the usual. You were feeling extremely lightheaded all day and your nose was stuffed up. You thought it was just allergies, brushing it off with some medicine and some tea to clear your, now itching throat.

   Thats when...

   Well, you'll see.

   "(Y/n), come try my new pizza soup recipe. I've been waiting hours for you to come home and taste it!" You heard Mikey shout from the kitchen.

   "I'm coming, hold on,"

   You got up from the beanbag in the living room, feeling that dizzy rush to your head as you stood up. You stumbled towards the kitchen and saw all of the turtles sitting at the table with bowls in front of them.

   "Awesome! Come sit down dudette. 5 bowls of hot soup coming right up,"

   Mikey scooped the liquid into the bowls with his crazy big ladle, excited to see everyone's reaction. As they were giving spoons, you felt a huge unexpected tingle as you leaned forward to smell the soup and you sneezed. You tried to cover your mouth, but your hand clipped the counter and didn't get to your face in time.

   Leo jumped back. You waited for the feeling to go away and when it did, you realized you sneezed right over Leo's bowl as well as yours. Your eyes widened.

   "Oh god, Leo I am so sorry. I... I've been having some allergies lately and---" you started coughing, finally able to cover your mouth this time. Donnie went over to you and put his hand on your forehead.

   "Holy chalupa, you're burning up. It's not even that hot outside! This isn't just allergies, honey. I think you've got a cold,"

   "Donnie, I'm fine,"

   "Hate to break it to ya, but you don't look fine," Raph scoffed and started eating the soup.

   Donnie glared at him and picked up your soup bowl. "You need to rest or your body won't get better as quickly,"

   "What are you talking about? I'm fine. Besides, I still need to go to school tomorrow and finish my---"

   "You will have time to do that, but you need to rest up so your immune system can do the hard work for now." He walked with you out of the kitchen. "You don't want to get anyone at school to get your cold do you? Come on, you can eat in my room and I'll put on a movie on my projector. You can connect it to your phone and watch Netflix or something. I also don't want my brothers to get sick. Mikey gets useless when he's sick and Raph gets whiney... don't tell him I said that,"

   Donnie opened the door to his room and pulled up his end table for you to put your bowl on. He left the room to grab his mini projector from his lab and a big white sheet.

   You crossed your arms and laid back, taking a few moments to realize... you felt terrible. You could hear and feel the blood going through your head. You took some deep breaths and curled up into the bed, hearing Donnie come back in.

   "Alrighty, let's tuck you in with a light blanket, honey. Drink some water. You're gonna start sweating a bunch so you should stay hydrated. I also got a wet cloth to help your fever go down,"

   "Guess that means I'm gonna look like a greasy french fry, huh?"

   "Hey now, you're my greasy french fry. I love you. I'll be in my lab if you need me okay-"

   "Can we cuddle? Just until I fall asleep?"

   "Absolutely. Come here," Donnie crawled into bed next to you and put his arms around you.

   You put on a movie and had a little conversation with him. He was telling you little stories about when he was a kid. Apparently Mikey had an obsession with making origami frogs and fairies? It sounded cute and all until Donnie mentioned how Mikey used up all of his papers. Well, little brothers, right? Then the conversation started getting a little more deep and personal.

   "Y'know, (Y/n)... for a while I honestly didn't know why you were dating me. I'm a mutant turtle with a tooth gap and I spend all my time in my lab doing-"

   "Oh Donnie, I wasn't sure how to feel when we started dating. I wasn't exactly worried about whether or not I liked you, because I did. From the first moment I met you, I felt so... safe. I was scared my feelings were wrong and I was scared you would hurt me. I was also scared of... what would happen if I got pregnant or something," you said nervously, feeling silly for getting so afraid before.

   "R-Really? Huh... well... I'm really glad you overcame that fear. You don't have to worry about pregnancy or me hurting you. I wouldn't hurt you in any way, at least not intentionally. I haven't actually... thought about whether or not it's biologically possible to... well, we don't need to worry about that. I know you get a little nervous around the idea of sex, which is understandable. I'm nervous too. That's why I always ask if it's okay when I touch you a certain way,"

   "I'm so glad you ask. Sometimes I get scared to say no. I've been getting better since dating you,"

   "Of course. I want you to feel safe and empowered. I hate the thought of someone bugging you and you feeling too scared to stop it from happening,"

   There was a long silence and you felt yourself getting sleepy; drifting off until you heard Donnie talk again.

   "Um, (Y/n)... can I tell you something that might help ease the fear of... sex? It's not my intention, but just to help you feel more comfortable,"

   "Okay, sure,"

   "When we start getting into it, I'm not going to... I'm not going to use my... It's really complicated for turtles; especially mutant turtles. It would really hurt you and I don't want that. You would scar. If things get intimate with us, I'll use my hands,"

   "Huh, you thought this all out didn't you?" You joked.

   "What? No! Well, I mean um... No! Get some rest, nevermind. Lets talk about... uhh... Cashews?" You could see Donnie mentally cursing himself for having cashews be the first thing that came to mind.

   "Donnie, I'm glad you've been thinking ahead. I don't think I'll be ready anytime soon, though,"

   "Y-Yeah of course not, I'm just... I don't want you to be scared. I honestly don't think I'm ready either. I want to enjoy ourselves now. You're special to me,"

   "So are you... I love you, Donnie," you said, yawning his name and feeling the tiredness hit. "Thanks for looking out for me," you said three seconds before passing out completely.

   "Anything for you," he said, kissing your forehead and staying there with you for a few minutes before slipping off to his lab.