Feeling Insane

Heyo! Nice to be here again. This chapter was meant to be closer to Christmas, but we see how that turned out. Anyway, I've been revamping my TMNT Instagram account @ maven.brooke and it has some sillies, Picrews, drawings, and maybe even sneak peeks of chapter bits for my fanfics. Be sure to check it out if you wanna.

That's enough plugging.

I wasn't sure, but there might be need for a S•lf H•rm TW. Either way, this is the warning now just in case! Love ya!

◇□◇

   Mom was finally home. The winter season had come up and you feared you wouldn't have been able to spend any of it with her; it was all you wanted. But she was here with you and your new family and it made you the happiest person in the world. You understood this was going to be a hard season for her now that she wasn't going to be able to see her friends or relatives, but you wanted to make a special dinner for her so she could get together with your other family and feel that sense of belonging she really needed.

April mentioned that most stores would be closed early today, so you had to scrounge up whatever the last minute shoppers left for you on the shelves. You managed some groceries with April and came back down to the sewers, excited to surprise everyone; however, the lair was a little too quiet for it to be normal.

"Uh... guys? Mom?" you called out.

"Where the heck did they go?" April brought the groceries into the kitchen with you and looked around.

"This is weird. Do you think they're doing their own little tradition?"

"Maybe they're meditating. You go ahead and look, I'll put away the groceries."

You set the bag down on the counter. "Thanks, April."

Before you could leave, Donnie came in. "Hey Honey! You're home. We need to talk. Could you come with me?" Donnie opened the curtain so you could pass through.

"Oh... sure. What's up?"

You walked with him out into the living room with an anxiety ridden heart; you tried to think of things you may have done to upset him in the past that he might've wanted to bring up. Did you say something? Maybe you weren't helping with the family chores enough. Was Donnie getting... bored? No, of course not... right? No, stop it.

"Donnie... what's going on?" Your lip trembled slightly as you began spiraling.

As you asked, you heard the faint sounds of a woman crying out like she was in pain. It startled both of you.

Donnie held both of your hands and looked at you with concern. "It's about your mom. We're a little worried about her today. She's been acting really weird but she won't say anything to us. We were hoping that you could talk to her?" While Donnie was talking, Mikey shyly walked up behind him.

"Oh, okay! Um, where is she?"

"In my lab. She really wanted some privacy and asked if she could stay in there alone, so I said yes as long as she didn't touch anything."

"Alright," you sighed. "I'll do my best."

"Honey, please be careful." Donnie kissed your forehead.

"Relax, it's my mom. I know her well."

"Can I come?" Mikey asked. "I'm worried about her."

Donnie immediately intervened. "Mikey, I don't really think that–"

"I'll be careful, bro, I promise! I just want to make sure she's doing okay."

Donnie looked at you two and let out a strained sigh. "Okay, but if anything happens, just call for help."