Home

The turtles brought you back to your apartment and the moment you opened your window to go in, you burst into tears and dropped to the ground. You felt alone, even with the turtles watching behind you.

   "Guys... we should go..." Leo sighed.

   "I'll stay here with (Y/n)... you guys go ahead,"

   You heard them leaving and Donnie closed the window. He quietly went beside you and gently rubbed circles on your back to calm you. You turned to Donnie and leaned on him, shaking like a leaf.

   "I don't know what to do... My mom's not here anymore. What about rent? What about her life? What if she gets hurt out there?!"

   "Shh... take is easy. We'll find your mom. For now, I just want you to settle the adrenaline in your system and get some rest, okay? Come on, I'll mke you some tea. Just go on the couch and lie down,"

   You slowly picked yourself up and went to sit on the couch, still shaking. Donnie turned on the kettle and looked in the cupboards for teabags, specifically something calming like chamomile or ginseng. As the kettle was boiling, Donnie went to your room and brought the blanket to you, wrapping you up.

   "Are there any places you think she might have gone? Any memorable places or little getaways?"

   "I don't know..."

    "It's okay, lets talk about it tomorrow. You just went through a lot and right now, you just need to settle down and rest,"

   You heard your intercom go off and as you were about to get up and see who it was, Donnie stopped you and walked over to it. He pressed the button.

   "Hello?"

   "Hey, it's Maven. I really need to talk to (Y/n). Is this boyfriend?"

   Donnie looked at you and you nodded. "Yeah... come in,"

   He pressed another button and opened the door slightly, coming back to hug you. You took a deep breath and wiped your eyes from the tears that were affecting your vision. Donnie went back into the kitchen to make tea.

   ((My drawing for Maven))

   Maven came in and closed the door behind her

   Maven came in and closed the door behind her. "(Y/n)! You'll never believe what I---"

   She saw Donnie in the kitchen and jumped.

   "Oh man, I am not going to get used to you very soon, am I?" She crossed her arms at Donnie. "I am glad you're here. I think you might want to hear this,"

   You avoided eye contact and waited for her to sit beside you. She pulled out her phone and showed you a dark picture. Maven began turning up the brightness and you saw your mutated mom in the alleyway, hugging her chest.

   "I was on my way home and I... I saw this in the Alleyway. I thought since your boyfriend's a... well a mutant, he should know,"

   Donnie came over with two mugs of tea and set it down on the coffee table. When he saw the picture, he made eye contact with you.

   "Maven, where was this?" You mumbled.

   "I think it was by the abandoned laboratory,"

   "Maven, would you mind sending the photo to Donnie and I?"

   "Yeah, no problem... Do you know whats going on? Should I be worried?"

   "No... thanks for showing us. It's a really complicated story and I don't think now is the time,"

   "I get it... Call me later, okay? I really have to go," Maven darted out the door and you looked at Donnie.

   "(Y/n), I promise, we'll find her. For now, it's going to be difficult... but in that case, do you want to come live with us in the sewers...? Just until we figure out how to help your mom. I want to make sure you're absolutely safe. I'm sure Splinter won't mind,"

   Donnie sat beside you again, putting an arm around you for your comfort while you made a decision. Were yiu really going to be able to separate yourself from home? What about your mom's job? Would school still work with this new living environment? Do you have to sell the apartment...?

   "Donnie, I don't know. I want to, but I'm just so confused. Do you think... Do you think I should give the apartment away? What if we can't cure her?"

   "I think it would be your best bet... but you can deal with the apartment later. We'll find your mom first and try to voice her opinion if she still has a grip on humanity. Does that sound okay?" He gently stroked the hair on the top of your head.

   "Yeah... it sounds like a plan,"

   You reached forward and took a sip of the tea Donnie prepared. It calmed your previous adrenaline rush and relaxed your body, making you feel sleepy.

   "Do you want to sleep at my place?"

   With a nod, you drowsily went toward your room and put some pajamas and day clothes into your bag. You also packed a phone charger. A draft went through the room when Donnie opened up the window to the fire escape.

   Donnie brought you to your new home.