Anxious Confession

Morning rolled around and you woke up. It was one of the best nights of sleep you had ever gotten, maybe ever. You stretched out, also trying not to get any calf cramps. It took a few moments for you to get all of your senses in order, but during your little morning rise, you heard the door open.

"Good morning. I wasn't sure if you were awake yet. How are you feeling?"

"Really really good," You smiled and enjoyed the warmth of the blankets.

"You look like you had a good sleep," He sat by you. "Do you want something to eat?"

"Yeah, but I'm so warm..."

Donnie laughed and held his hand out.

"You can keep the blanket on, don't worry. Mikey has pancakes on the stove,"

You took his hand with the blanket wrapped around you. He walked with you outside and into the kitchen.

"So where did you sleep?"

"What do you mean?" Donnie asked.

"I remember Mr. Splinter said he didn't want us sleeping in the same room or something and you left me in your room... Where did you sleep?"

"Oh, don't worry, I slept in the living room,"

"I'm sorry, I should've let you sleep in your own bed. I hope Mr. Splinter trusts me,"

"I do," You heard someone behind you, "And just 'Splinter' is perfectly fine,"

You turned around and there the wise sensei was.

"Morning sensei," Donnie said.

"Good morning," Splinter looked at you and smiled. "It's not that I don't trust you. As a father of four teenage sons, I'm still keeping boundaries with them and girls. Donatello has had a-"

"WOAH WOULD YOU LOOK AT THE TIME, I THINK WE SHOULD START WARMING UP FOR TRAINING, COME ON LET'S GO (Y/N),"

Donnie interrupted Splinter and started pulling you out of the room, the blanket falling behind you. You both made it into the dojo and you laughed at how Donnie was acting. He nervously smiled at you and rubbed the back of his neck.

"(Y/n), there's something I wanna tell you,"

"Okay?" You faced him and saw a sweet smile form on his face.

"You know very well I like you, right?"

"Yeah, of course,"

"I... Well, technically it's not really much of a confession if you know what- Well, I mean... I just wanted to tell you, that I've been thinking about you non stop since we started trying things out. What I'm tryna say is... You know, with Drake..."

"Yeah...?" You looked up at his eyes.

"He hurt you, and you're afraid he will again. But I just want to tell you, he's never going to ever again. Not while you're dating me." He brushed your bedhead hair out of your face and held your cheek. "I want you to know that you don't have anything to worry about anymore. I want you to be my girlfriend, but that's your decision to make. What do you think?"

A huge smile was spread across your face and blood rushed into your head, making you blush. You looked away for a moment, trying not to look embarrassed. Donnie lifted your chin and smiled at how cute you were.

"I think it's a good idea." You responded.

Donnie wrapped his arms around you and gave you a quick kiss on the lips, which you weren't expecting. You pulled back hesitantly, putting your fingers gently against your lips.

"Crap, I'm sorry. I meant to ask but I just-"

"Donnie,"

"Yeah?"

"It's okay,"

You stood on your tippy toes and gave him a sweet kiss, feeling a huge rush of confidence that you haven't felt since before Drake walked into your life. Donnie parted his lips with yours and looked at your (e/c) eyes with his hazel-copper ones.

"I can't believe you're actually... With me now. This is... awesome,"

He hugged you again and you heard his brother's voices.

"Donnieeeee'a got a girlfriend!" Mikey giggled.

"Look who's getting busy in the dojo," Leo laughed.

"Remember to use protection kids-"

Donnie pulled away from you and chased his brothers out, telling them to be quiet. You giggled and watched him get all flustered and angry at them.

I guess that's your warm welcome to the family.