Happy Once More

You had asked your mom if you could have a sleepover at your friend's place, which she had no problem with. You really just wanted to spend the day with Donnie. When you were with him, he made you forget about your anxiety, which was a very special gift. Both for him and yourself. He loved seeing you happy, how you lit up when he showed interest in your topics; unlike Drake. It was a gift to you in the sense that you were finally happy again.

So you went into the sewers as discreetly as you could, looking for the lair. You had started memorizing the layout of the sewers more after your several visits. It was handy just in case you were hiding and needed to get somewhere safe without traffic to worry about.

Donnie was waiting for you at the entrance, sat on the broken turnstile with a cute smile on his face while looking at his phone. You snuck up on him and put both of your hands on his knees to see what what on his phone. You expected a bad response for being nosy, but he didn't mind.

"What are you looking at, Don?"

"Oh nothing in particular. I'm just rereading some of our texts," He put his phone away and smiled at you, making you smile as well.

"So you ready for our super awesome sleepover?" You asked in a childish voice.

He playfully rolled his eyes and held your hand, "Come on in. I got us some pizza gyoza,"

Donnie started walking in, immediately getting teasing looks from his brothers. Mikey starting singing in a whisper,

"Donnie and (Y/n) sittin in a tree, K-I-S-I-N-G."

Donnie blushed a bit, also a little mad at him, but you were fine with it, really only focused on Miley's spelling mistake. Raph starting humming Careless Whisper and Leo made hearts with his hands and looked at you and Donnie through them. Donnie looked away from them and led you to the kitchen for privacy and food.

"I'm sorry about them. They're... Well, they're idiots," Donnie laughed nervously.

"Don't worry. My mom acted like that when I was with Drake... Well... before..." You began spiraling into bad thoughts and anxiety wanted to take you over.

Donnie wouldn't allow it.

"Your mom sounds like a nice woman. What about your dad?"

"They're divorced,"

"Oh, I'm sorry." Donnie thought he made things worse.

"Don't worry," You reassured him, "I'm glad they're not together. They weren't happy when they were. Now they are. They till love me. My dad lives in California... I think. He's moving around a lot so I don't really know where he'd be right now. He's very passionate about animals and always wants to help out at different shelters and all that,"

"That's cool. When's the last time he visited?"

"I think last July. He wanted to see me during summer break."

"That's amazing. You know my dad already. Giant rat, very wise. Old, but quicker than you think,"

Donnie heated up the gyoza and put some on a plate for you.

"Mr. Murakami is great, isn't he?" He asked.

"He is. How did you meet him?"

"Apr-" He hesitated for a moment. "A human friend of mine introduced us. He's blind, but he knew we were turtles. We helped him out a great deal and he makes us free food a lot. He's a very generous man,"

You smiled at him and ate some of your dumplings. The moment you had was perfect. It was a full minute of just looking each other in the eyes until you realized it was getting awkward. You looked at your food for a moment and Donnie.