He Thinks About You

Donnie was in the lab working on Metalhead. While working on a small chip, he was talking to Metalhead... Since he didn't feel all that comfortable talking to someone else about how he was feeling. It was likely that his brothers would never let him hear the end of his voice crack moment.

   "I met somebody as well. Her name is (Y/n). I think she's pretty cool and she's really smart. She's seriously one of the coolest girls I've ever met, which isn't saying much since... I only know her and April, but it still counts for something, right?" Donnie was absolutely beaming with every word.

   Donnie carefully took out an old chip from Metalhead's controls and replaced it with a new one.

   "And she knows morse code! Do you know how many people I know that even know what morse code is?! Well... I mean, it's still not saying much, but nobody! Except for you, of course, buddy."

   Donnie began polishing Metalhead's shell as the robot beeped in response.

   "And she said my T-Phone was 'ADVANCED'! The only compliments I can manage from anyone is a 'cool' and she said it was 'ADVANCED'! (Y/n) could have picked any word-- any word at all and she chose that one. Advanced and unique... she has an amazing vocabulary!" he excitedly continued, finishing up.

   He bent down and patted Metalhead. Then he walked over to his desk and glanced at his picture frame of him and April where he was pushing her on the swings, but at that one small glance, he didn't see April, he saw somebody else...

   You.

   He looked again and saw April. 

   Donnie stammered, "Um... I think I've been in the lab too long. Metalhead, I'm gonna go to the living room."

   Donnie walked out and sat down on the sofa, letting out a big sigh. Without even realising, you came up into his thoughts again. Your (e/c) eyes flashed through his mind and he could hear your laugh. When he visualized your smile, he felt obliged to smile too, even when you weren't there. A feeling rose inside so warm and sweet, it tingled like crazy. His heart beat harder and louder in his chest and his face flushed with pink as the blood rushed to his head. 

   "What are you smiling about?" Raph asked, glancing over.

   "I'm smiling? I mean, nothing-- I mean, uhh... nevermind!" 

   He stood up quickly after having just relaxed into the sofa and avoided carrying on the conversation.

   Donnie really could not stop thinking about you ---just trying made his heart dance even more.

   The lovestruck turtle retreated back to his lab, coming to the realization that he had feelings for you. The feeling was so familiar from when he had them with April, but he couldn't believe that he would have them for someone else. He leaned on his desk and looked at that photo again. He wasn't sure he could handle juggling both feelings for you and for April.

   "Oh geez, what am I supposed to do? I can't just go for both..." Donnie glanced over at a quarter that was sitting on his desk that he earlier substituted for a flathead screwdriver when he couldn't find his real one. "I'll flip for it! Heads is April, tails is (Y/n)."

   Metalhead tilted his head slightly and watched.

  "Okay... One, two, three!" Donnie tossed the coin up and caught it.

   It was heads.

   Donnie looked down at the quarter with disappointment, immediately resisting to the idea of pursuing his feelings for April. He laughed nervously.

   "I should have specified! I'm flipping for who I'm not going for...so it's heads and therefore... (Y/n) is my choice," Donnie backtracked, trying to justify his change of heart. "Therefore, can you take out the photo, buddy?"

   Metalhead un-tilted his head and beeped a happy little tune before walking over to Donnie's desk to carefully remove the photo from the pink picture frame. Donnie took out his phone and hovered his finger over your contact, a little nervous about messaging you first. 

[Donnie: hey (Y/n), it's donnie :) ]

[(Y/n): Hi! I was just thinking of messaging you. Hru?]

   He sighed in relief.

[Donnie: oh really? i'm doing okay. i just wanted to message you and say hi.]

[(Y/n): Well hi :D ur brother actually just messaged me a lil while ago and I was wondering if I should txt u or not]

[Donnie: oh he did? we only got home about 20 minutes ago.]

[(Y/n): He mustve been excited then. He's rlly sweet and likes to talk lol]

[Donnie: sounds like him.]

   He bit his lip with a twinge of jealousy in his chest, but immediately soothed it with reason. Mikey was like that. Mikey was impulsive and did what he wanted because he liked to.

[(Y/n): I hate to cut this short Donnie but I've had a rlly long day and I'm hella tired. Talk tmr?]

[Donnie: yeah sure, i'd love to. before you go, what do you want as your contact photo?]

[(Y/n): Just use this for now ^^]

   You sent a photo of yourself from a month or two ago when you went out for dinner with your friend.

[Donnie: you look amazing!]

   He cursed himself for being so forward.

[Donnie: i mean good.]

[Donnie: i mean great. sorry. goodnight.]

[(Y/n): lol gn Donnie]

   Donnie let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, covering his face with embarrassment. He looked at the photo of you and thought about printing it. Metalhead stepped closer to him, showing that the photo and the frame were now separate.

   "I think... I think I'm really over April."