He Stands in the Way of Anxiety

Made a random poll on Instagram and people liked the name Drake best for the Ex Boyfriend.

<><><><><>

You've been feeling much better after everything that's happened. Donnie made you feel safe and you were sure that your ex boyfriend was going to be in jail for a while.

This didn't stop your growing anxiety however, things were getting to you all the time. You felt the need to be walked to school by your friends as well as walked back home. You checked behind yourself every few minutes because you thought you sensed your ex behind you, ready to hurt you again.
In class, your teacher announced the absence of him and then there was a huge shock that you didn't believe you were ever going to hear.

"If some of you have watched the news, you may have hear about Mr. Drake getting arrested for a while. Of course, we have suspended him for the safety of the students," they explained.

"How long will he be suspended?" a student asked with their hand raised.

"About 8 days, not including weekends,"

Your heart dropped and you felt like the air was unbreathable.

"Only eight days? But (Teacher), he hurt me," you managed to say through the lump in your throat.

"Yes, boys make mistakes. Keep in mind, he's only sixteen years old, (Y/n). Things will be fine. We'll make sure he doesn't sit close to you in class. He's going to counsellors, I think. No need to worry." They brushed it off and started the lesson.

Eight days...

Then he's let back into school like nothing happened.

You fiddled with your purple pen all class, having to be told to stop clicking it several times. You couldn't pay attention to anything. All you could think about is what would happen if he talked to you in the hallway? Or in class? Anywhere? What if he threatened you?

The bell rang for the next period to start and still, you were afraid. You didn't want to be at school. You wanted to be home, or with Donnie and learn more about defending yourself.

You couldn't help but enter a state of panic and anxiety, so much that you felt overwhelmed and began tearing. You excuse yourself from school and faked a sickness. Everything happening around you seemed like it was getting 10 times more irritating.
You didn't want to call your mom, because every time you faked sick, she would see right through it, but you weren't about to walk home alone. It was the best idea to call Donnie.

"Donnie here," he answered.

"Hey Donnie... I'm... Getting out of school early. Can I come over?"

"Of course! Are you at the school right now?"

"Yeah. Can you please pick me up?"

"No problem. I'll be right there. Go into one of the alleyways and I'll figure out which manhole to go through. I shouldn't be out in the day. I'll see you soon!"

Taking a deep breath, you hung up and walked into the alleyway. Waiting for Donnie to come for you.
He came after a few minutes and brought you down to the sewers, walking you to the lair with his hand holding yours.

"So how was the early dismissal?"

"It was... It was fine. Not a big deal..."

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Just a few minor bumps in the road. I'm fine, Donnie." You looked behind again to make sure you weren't followed. "So, are you going to help me train again today with Splinter?"

"Yeah..."

Both you and Donnie were getting closer to the lair, but before you arrived at the entrance, he stopped.

"(Y/n), is something wrong? You're really jittery and your hand's really sweaty. Are you sure you're okay?"

You looked at Donnie and your eyes began watering, earning his attention. The tears started coming out faster.

"(Y/n)... Come here," He said softly with open arms.

You hugged him tightly and your whole body was shaking. He held you close to his body and rubbed you back with a circular motion. You took deep breaths and calmed down by the warmth of his hug.

"I'm scared. The school... The police... They're letting Drake come back next week. I can't deal with that. I barely got through today. I don't know what to do, Donnie. I don't know-" Your hysterics we're interrupted.

"Shh, it's okay. It's okay. Just take deep breaths. Are they crazy? He pulled a knife on you. What are they thinking?"

"I can't do this. I can't go to school. Not with that monster!"

Donnie was almost in tears. He hated to see you in this state. This monster sent you into a pit of panic and it wasn't okay.

You both stood there hugging in silence (aside from your sobbing) for a good minute. You let out your fear and anxiety and you felt a little better, but you definitely became tired. You went to the lair and instead of going to the dojo, Donnie brought you to his room, tucked your shaking body into the blankets and let you rest by his side.

You're safe now.

<><><><><>
At first this seemed like an awesome idea to write about (in my Raphael BF Scenario book, I did one on depression) so I hope you enjoyed it.

Happy Pride Month by the way!