19 | Misplaced Wedding Ring

Arabella's POV: 

1 week later.

"Shit shit shit shit shit." I walk around Mateo office trying to find my ring. But everywhere I looked, it wasn't there.

I've checked the floors the drawers. Everything. I groan taking a seat on his chair.

Yesterday, after you know what. He had to come here for some work, so I came along with him.

I was writing somethings to help him, and my fingers became uncomfortable. I took my ring off thinking I'd remember and put it back on.

Yet here I am the next day, freaking out about the ring I just lost.

"Looking for something?" I look at the door seeing Antonio hold his everyday blunt expression. For a second, I thought he might have it considering the tone he spoke in. 

"I lost my wedding ring. Could you help me find it?" He looked around before nodding and shutting the door behind him. I honestly just asked because that's what I would say to any normal person, I just didn't think he'd agree. 

He searched around the bookshelves, while I looked near his desk. Maybe Mateo saw it and put it on the desk, not caring about what it was.

"What does it look like." It was weird hearing Antonio talk at all. The most he'd said to me was liking my cake.

After Mateo forced him to.

"It's a sliver and gold mixed band. With a square shaped diamond."

"Is the diamond big?"

"Yeah." I said so bad for losing something that's worth so much.

"Of course it was." He scoffed while I gave him a confused look.

"What's that supposed to mean." I didn't bother looking anymore. I was standing straight waiting for him to continue this conversation he started.

"You're just like Cynthia, don't even deny it."

"Who the hell is Cynthia?"

"Don't play dumb with me." He rolls his eyes, checking under the table.

"Play dumb? I don't know who Cynthia is." He rolled his eyes, continuing to look around for the ring.

~~~

Antonio's POV:

We both look around the room, while she keeps questioning who Cynthia is. I don't believe a single thing that comes out of her mouth.

After what Cynthia did, my best friend went through a terrible heart break. She ruined him beyond repair.

She's only gonna hurt him again. Just this time, he might not be able to go back from it. He's already falling in love with her.

I can tell by the way he looks at her.

The only reason I'm even helping her, is so I can make sure she doesn't waste anymore of Mateo's money.

"Who's Cynthia." She follows me around the office like a hawk, making sure I'll answer her question.

"His ex." She looks confused waiting for me to continue.

"I didn't even know he had a ex."

"Yeah sure. Just keep looking for the ring, so I can leave."

"You can leave right now, asshole." She rolled her eyes, walking away.

"Yeah sure. So then Mateo can buy you a whole ass new one."

"Listen here dickhead. I don't care about Mateo or his money." She pushes me, by bumping our shoulders and walks past me.