Biblichor: Chapter 12

You didn't get to see Javier yesterday due to his demanding meetings, but it was finally Wednesday. Today, you and Javi are going over to Steve and Connie's place for dinner. It was exciting yet a little nerve-wracking. They're such a prominent part of Javier's life, you didn't want to screw it up.

It was surprisingly quiet in the library today, so you decided to sneak into the microfilm reader room to spend time with Javier. Steve was there too, but he could care less.

"Hi, Javi. Hi Steve." Steve gives you a grunt and a wave.

"Hi, Baby. You on a break?"

"Kinda." You sit in the chair next to Javier and plop your legs in his lap, before laying your head on his shoulder. He smiles and runs his hand up and down your calf while he reads.

"I'll pick you up at your place tonight?"

"Yeah, you might want to knock on Mary's door, though. She's going to help me look pretty tonight."

"But you already do."

You laugh at his statement. "Oh, God! you're so cheesy!"

"That's what you do to me, Cariña. You've turned me into a cheese ball." He leans over to you to press a kiss to your cheek, but you back away giggling.

"If I knew this would have happened, I would have never gone out with you."

"Wow! That hurts." Javier puts his hand over his heart and gives you a fake frown.

"Aww, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." You wrap your arms around his neck and bring his lips to yours as you giggle.

"Hey! You two!" Steve snaps his fingers, trying to get your attention. An annoyed Javier pulls away to look at Steve.

"Yes?"

"It's already 4:15, we should get going."

"Yeah, I guess so." Steve gets up from his chair and stretches.

"I'll pick you up at 7:00?"

"I can't wait." You kiss Javier again before he gets up.

"See you soon!" You wave to them as you watch them leave.

.

A little while later, Mary picks you up in her fabulous new car to bring you back home. You bring her into your apartment to help you find the perfect dress for the night, not wanting to give them a bad second/first impression.

"This one?"

"Ew no."

"What about this?"

"Why do you have that?! You're going to look like a slutty carrot."

"Ugh fine! What about this?"

"I'm on the verge of burning your closet right now."

"Maaaary!"

"Let me go through your stuff. I don't know why I let you get away with this stuff. You're not allowed to go shopping alone anymore."

You roll your eyes and watch her rummage through your clothes from your bed. You groan as she chastises you for your poor fashion choices. Finally, she stops and turns around. She gives you a toothy grin that activates your suspicions.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Why have you never worn this?" She held up a gold-colored box that had a black dress inside.

"Oh, that's my graduation dress from college." Mary carefully takes the dress out of the box and holds it up.

"This is gorgeous and still your size! Why did you hide this?"
"I never do anything fancy or formal. I completely forgot I had it. I thought I threw it out, to be honest."