Biblichor: Chapter 28

"Oh my fucking god!" Mary jumps, throwing a pillow with one hand and subconsciously bringing her hands to hold her belly with the other. "Don't laugh at me! I'm not a fan of these thunderstorms."

"I know, but I'll forever enjoy your overly aggressive reactions to them." You laugh as you light the candle on the coffee table.

"I hope the guys are safe." You turn to look at Mary's glum face as she rubs her baby bump.

"They're safe, Hon." You soothingly rub her shoulder. "Nothing is going to happen to Chris. He won't let anything happen, not when he's got a beautiful pregnant girlfriend at home."

"I just can't be a single mother. I can't go through what my mother went through. Nor do I want my kid to go through what I went through." Mary buries her face into her hands. "Chris has been the only decent man in my life. I don't wanna lose him - I don't want our kid to grow up without a father like me. I- I just can't let history repeat itself."

"Chris isn't going anywhere, Mary. You know him, he'll crawl back to you a bloody mess each time if he has to. He loves you too much to die."

Mary pivots herself and lays down so that her head rests on your lap. "I just want this to be over."

"You and me, both." You run your fingers through her hair. "How's the baby?" You change the subject, knowing the weight of this conversation was too much for your pregnant best friend to handle right now.

"The baby is fine. I've stopped puking which has been nice."

"You think it's a boy or girl?"

"I don't know." She shrugs. "I kinda hope it's a boy."

"Really?"

"Mmhmm. I want him to be just like his dad." Mary smiles. "We all know if there was another 'me' around, the world would go to hell."

"A world with two Marys? Now that would be interesting to watch."

"I can hear the bickering already." She cringes. "Poor Chris, though. He'd be the one who would have to try to manage us."

"Yikes. I'm sure I'll be getting calls from him, crying and begging for help." You chuckle.

"It would probably be best if we had a boy."

... . .

"How are we getting so close, and still losing him?!" Steve takes his bulletproof vest off and throws it onto the table in front of the group.

"I don't get it either. He's always one step ahead of us. There was no way he could have known we'd be coming for him at his hideout." Javier runs his fingers through his damp hair. "I don't get it! I think-" The phone on Javier's desk rings. "One sec." Javier sighs as he sits down to answer the phone. "Peña."

"Javi!" Javier's exhausted manner changes at the sound of your voice.

"Hi, My Princess. I've missed your voice." He gleams with relief.

The last time you saw each other was when Javier was fucking you to sleep- I mean, putting you to sleep. Last night marked the first night since the hospital where you two didn't sleep near each other. Even then, he spent his nights sitting on the bench outside of the hospital. It has been his personal mission that you two spend your nights together, but when there is a chance at capturing and killing Sebastian, Javier has to take the risk. At least he was able to make love to you and cum as deep in you as possible... twice before he had to leave. So, in some way, he still spent the night in- with you.

"It's only been 20 hours, love."

"Are you trying to say you haven't missed me?!" Javier says with a fake gasp.