Biblichor: Chapter 15

"I'll see you at the library, okay?" Javier mumbles as he litters kisses to your face. You two stand in front of the closed door. Your arms wrap around his torso to squeeze him, keeping him from leaving you just yet.

"Fine," you said sadly, not yet wanting to leave his arms. "I can't wait to see you again." You finally let go, and Javier opens the door to find Mary and Chris making out in their doorway. Her legs wrapped around his waist as they shared saliva.

"Feistel!" They both jump and pull apart.

"Oh, good morning."

"Come on. We gotta go." Javier and Chris had become carpool buddies. Javier wasn't all that excited about it, but you insisted he try to be more friendly with him. Chris, on the other hand, has been good about trying to bond with Javier. Although, Javier can be too awkward and stubborn for these things.

"One second," Chris turns back to Mary and puts her down, "I love you. I'll see you later?" He cups her face and smiles.

"Of course, love." Mary reaches to press another kiss to his lips and lets him go. "Have fun at work boys! See you later!" They wave and walk off, leaving you and Mary in the hall.

"You need to start fucking Chris at his apartment." Mary whips her head around, her jaw hanging open.

"Hey! I have! His apartment is massive and gorgeous, but my bed is more comfortable."

"Make him get a new bed. I beg of you!"

"You could sleep somewhere else, you know. Somewhere bigger and more luxurious than this dump."

"Like where?!"

"Javi's apartment!" She rolls her eyes at how clueless you are.

"Oh, no- I don't know."

"Why don't you ever go over to his place?" She says as she leans against the door frame, getting herself comfortable for the conversation.

You spend a moment dissecting the question, trying to figure out where to place the blame. "I think... I'm scared, or maybe he's scared. I just... I don't know. Maybe he doesn't want me to come over?"

"But you said he asked you to move in with him. In which you stupidly declined." Mary groans at your stupid decision that still stuns her.

You roll your eyes, "Ugh, you already spent 3 hours yelling at me the other day for that."

"Because it's ridiculous! Why would you say no!"

"I don't know, Mary!"

"It's because of Seb, isn't it? Are you scared of repeating history?" Mary presses.

"I don't wanna talk about this! I have to finish getting ready and go to work." You turn around on your heels to head back inside.

"Hey! You can run from me, but you can't run from your feelings forever! You gotta face the truth someday!" Mary yells out as you slam the door.

With everything that has happened and everything that is happening, Mary was worried you were self-destructing. She's watched you go from this ball of sunshine and love to scared and closed off. And she's pretty sure she knows why. Everything between you and Seb was perfect (besides the sex), but his true colors started showing when he moved in with you.

. . . . .

1 ½ Years Ago

"Seb, my love, I gotta go to work in a few. Need anything else?" You looked in the mirror, fixing up any smudges of makeup or hairs that weren't complying.