Biblichor: Chapter 27

2 years ago

"Seb?" You patted the empty bed in confusion. The handsome man that once slept beside you: gone. It was freezing cold out, so you wanted to snuggle up with your boyfriend. You could just grab all the blankets and bundle yourself up again, but you wanted your Sebastian. "Seb?" You called louder.

You scooted so that you were sitting upright and carefully inspected the dark room. The moonlight that shined through your sheer curtains assisted in your hunt, but it was no use. He was here. Wait! No. A faint voice made its way through the crack in the door. It was your love.

You smile and lean over the bed to grab Sebastian's button-up before quickly putting it on. You couldn't help but scurry over to the door with a dumb smile on your face.

"I don't care what their names are, just kill them... The blonde one did what?... Fucking Americans, just do something. I don't care what it is... I don't know! Destroy evidence, kill a witness, kill the mustache's favorite whore, I don't know!... I'm already giving you a million for intel... don't push it, or I can ruin your career in a second."

"Seb?"

"Shit!" He jumped and turned around.

"Who are you talking to at 2:30 in the morning?" You yawned as you walked over to kiss Sebastian.

"It's just work, dear. Hold on just a sec." Sebastian lifts the landline up to speak again. "Look, my girl is awake- uhhh... the librarian. Yeah..." You wrap your arms around his waist and lean your head on his shoulder. "Just do something, I'll check in with you guys on Monday. I'm spending the weekend with my love... okay, bye."

"What happened at work?" You asked as Seb placed the phone back in the cradle.

"Robbery at one of the American banks. I might have to leave this week, but I'll be back by next weekend." Sebastian takes your face into his palms as you pout. "Oh, don't get all sad on me now."

"I'm gonna miss you, though."

Sebastian smiles as he leans down to kiss you. "That's why we gotta make the weekend count." His hands move down to cup your ass. "And I plan on spending it in bed."

.

Present Day

You sighed, letting the warm water wash down your face. The knocking at the door caused you to jump.

"Princess?"

"I'm showering, Javi." You attempted to sound as normal as possible, but it's difficult when you were just sobbing less than 10 seconds ago.

"Can I come in, please?"

"I'm naked."

Javier shakes his head. "Baby..." You grimace at your pathetic attempt. "I'm coming in."

You quickly rub your face to try to hide your puffy eyes. The sound of metal hitting the ground causes your head to tilt in confusion. The shower curtain is pulled open, making you aware of Javier's intentions. He climbs in the shower with you without a word. Instead of speaking, Javier grabs a bottle of shampoo to wash his hair.

"What are you doing, Javi?" You ask, still facing the opposite direction.

"Showering." He says nonchalantly. Javier senses your eye roll towards his smart-ass comment. "I didn't want to leave you alone with your thoughts for long," Javier says with sincerity. "You haven't talked to me in hours. The car ride home was painfully silent. I- I wanted to talk to you, and hold you, and kiss you, but I knew you weren't ready for that. I just wanna be here for you. I love you." ,