Biblichor: Chapter 24

You and Javier stood in each other's arms for a while after your heated make-out session. Lazy kisses were exchanged amidst breaks, continually making sure to never let go of the other. After a while, you silently agree to go back outside. The two couples continue to laugh and joke together, innocent to the passionate moment that was just had in the neighboring room.

You and Javier appear to be active within the conversation, but your minds were drawn to the real conversation under the table. Your foot ran up and down Javier's leg and vice versa. It was your way of knowing you were okay - your tether back to earth. You knew there was still so much to discuss regarding your relationship. There were too many complicated aspects to figure out, but that was for later. For now, you want to be happy. No, you deserve to be happy. Because of that, you allow yourself to act upon those buried feelings, ignoring the part of your brain that expressed your concern.

When the talking and laughter started to die down, you stood from your chair and placed your purse onto your shoulder. "I should get going. It's been a long day." Connie and Steve nodded before standing to hug you.

"Yeah, I should go too. I kinda got shot today, so I wanna get some rest." Javier also seized the opportunity to leave.

"Aw, you two can't stay for dessert?" Mary whines with sad eyes. "You're going to abandon your pregnant best friend?"

"No, no, Mary." Chris placed a hand on her shoulder to massage the stress away. "Let the two go. They've had a long day. Luckily there will be more ice cream for you, so don't worry." Chris gave Javier a discreet wink, playing the role of 'wingman' for his comrade.

"Oh, alright." You hugged Mary and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"Don't worry. I'll be a few apartments down. Just call me, and I'll be running over, but for now, I need to sleep." Mary nodded before letting you say goodbye to the rest of the group.

Javier opened the door, escorting you out first. Once the door closed, Javier extended his arm out for you to take in which you gladly take, resting your head on his shoulder as well. Once inside your shared apartment, you make your way to the bedroom door.

"You going to bed now, Javi?"

"Yeah," Javier says as he shrugs his jacket off at the door.

You start opening the door but stop when you see Javier sitting down on the couch in the corner of your eye. "Whatcha doing, Javi?"

"Hmm?" Javier turned to look at you in confusion.

"Aren't you coming?" You gestured into the room.

Javier's eyebrows rise at your suggestion. "A-are you sure about that?"

"I'm fine with it... only if you are." You say with less confidence.

Javier smiles and walks over to you. Standing confidently, he cups your face in his hands before leaning down to press a long kiss to your lips. You moan into the perfect kiss, threading your fingers through the curls of his chocolate hair. The feeling of your fingers massaging his scalp prompts Javier to moan as well.

"Javi," you whisper between kisses.

"What?" Javier mumbles back as he starts to pull you into the room.

"We're- we're not going too fast, right?"

Javier groans as he cups your ass. "I think we're going too slow, actually. I have so much to make up for - so many ways to show you how unbelievably sorry I am." Javier murmurs as he kisses your neck. Your feet start moving towards the bed, inevitably hitting it and tumbling on top of it.