Chapter 1

The world Emevol is from is not the world she grew up in. Her family is royalty, she's the future Queen of the Kingdom of Korea. But because of a story that's been passed down through her family for hundreds of years, so she was sent away to another world. A world where soulmates and magic don't exist, and Korea isn't a monarchy.

The day of her birth was the happiest and saddest day of her parents' lives. Each generation of her family only has one child. It alternates boy, girl, boy, girl, and so on. So her parents knew she was going to be a girl. They knew she'd be born with a soul mark and that once she turned 18 she'd be able to hear her soulmate's voice and she'd find them.

Only royalty can have a soul mark, with the exception of their soulmate. That can be anyone. But since there's only one per generation, it's a celebrated occasion. When a commoner is born with a soul mark, they contact the palace, and their information is taken and their mark photographed. Then when the royal is born they can weed through the fakes. Some people will tattoo their babies in hopes of becoming rich.

Before the Princess was born, in the span of 5 years dozens of baby boys were brought to the palace. 7 of them had identical marks, all from families that didn't know each other. This was concerning for her parents. If they are actually her soulmates, then the prophecy will come true. Emevol will bring ruin to this kingdom.

Emevol has heard voices for as long as she could remember. When she was 5, she was diagnosed as schizophrenic. When she was 10 she realized that there were 7 voices and she was told she had multiple personality disorder. When she was 15 she realized that the voices were speaking Korean, so she threw herself into kpop, k dramas, and anything that would help her learn what the voices in her head were saying.

By the time she was 17 she was fluent and nothing they spoke of made sense. They were looking for their soulmate, their princess. They seemed aware of each other. Some were ok with it and others were not.

She knew she was crazy and belonged in a loony bin, her poor mother. She didn't know what to do with her. Her father left when they diagnosed her with schizophrenia. He left and never returned. The day before she turned 18 her mother pulled her into her arms and broke her heart.

"Emevol (Emma- vall, like ball), I have to tell you something. You are adopted, we wanted kids so badly and I prayed every day. But I couldn't get pregnant. We tried adoption but we couldn't afford it, then one day there was a flash of light and I heard a baby crying. I ran out into the woods and there you were. You were so beautiful and you were wrapped up in a blanket. You had your birthmark on your wrist so that's where we got your name."

She looked down at her wrist, the mark she was talking about said love me seven times and it was shaped into an infinity symbol. Emevol looked up at her beautiful mother, deep down she knew. They looked nothing alike, but it still hurt. Who was she and why did her parents not want her? 

The day she turned 18, her entire life changed. The voices in her head got louder, and apparently,  they could hear her now. Her entire life it's been one-sided, she heard them, but they never responded back. Now they answer her, she was losing her mind. They kept calling her Princess and telling her to come home. She couldn't take it anymore, she begged her mother to put her back on the medication. The one that made the voices stop, she had only been on it once in her life. But it didn't last long, she felt so lonely without them. Her mother was apprehensive to do it but after seeing her tears, there was no way she wouldn't cave.

It was easier when she could no longer hear them, but strange things didn't stop happening. One time she woke up in the middle of the park with no idea how she got there. Her mom was being annoying but she was too lazy to get up and shut the door, next thing she knew it slammed shut. She could conjure up an illusion and make people see what she wanted them to see. She had dreams of people she's never seen before. When she conjured up a fireball in her hand and almost set the house on fire, she knew she had to leave. She was going to hurt her mother or worse, accidentally kill her. 

She assumed Emevol was going to college, but in reality, she was going to try and find her birth parents. The worst part about running away is no more meds. As soon as they started wearing off the voices came back. She could block them for the most part, unless she was extremely tired. That's how she ended up in his bed.

She was exhausted, sleeping in a crap hotel. She had run into another dead end, it was 1 in the morning. She had a dream about a woman who looked just like her, but she had a different eye color. Her, what Emevol assumed was her husband was talking to her. When she looked closer at him, she sucked in her breath. His eyes were just like hers, purple. She had never met another person with her eye color before.

They were speaking Korean, but what they were saying didn't make sense. Korea didn't have a King and Queen, they had a President just like the United States and according to the map behind the Queen, Korea was whole and not divided into North and South. 

The Queen turned to look at where Emevol was standing in her dream, her eyes went wide. She turned back to the King, "someone is watching us." Emevol woke up covered in sweat.