Chapter 30

"I can't wait too long, if I wait too long it could kill me. My soul could shatter, but what's worse is my birth mother. She's evil and I think she wants to hurt me and them. I need to complete our bonds in order to protect us."

Her mother flinched, "your birth mother is evil?"

"She sent me here to get me out of the way, she didn't think I'd ever be able to return."

"And how did you return?"

"Yoongi, he figured out how to call me to him. I can travel between worlds." Em pulled back so she could look at her. "I know that this sounds crazy but I promise I'm telling the truth."

"Oh honey, of course, you are. I grew up reading stories about magic and soulmates."

"You believe me? You don't think I'm crazy like all of the Drs?"

She scoffed and waved it off, "I never trusted them. You just did things a little differently than others, that's all."

Emevol loved this woman so much, she couldn't have asked for a better mother. She was actually thankful that the Queen sent her away, because if she would have stayed then that evil woman would have raised her and she would have missed out on her real and wonderful mother. 

"Come on let's get you something to eat, how about your favorite?"

"Mac and cheese and chicken fries?"

She smiled at her, "you know it." 20 minutes later she was sliding a plate in front of Em, then she handed her the ketchup and cajun seasoning. "I still can't get over the fact that you add cajun seasoning to your ketchup, you are such a strange child."

"Hey! People eat chicken fries with buffalo sauce, how is this any different?" Em spent the next few days with her mom, and it was great. But then the symptoms kicked in, she had a fever and she felt nauseous. She'd have to go back soon and see them, if she was this bad then they must be worse. She just wasn't ready for that. She needed to go back and bond with Jin, Joon, and Hobi, she could wait a bit more for the others. 

She willed herself back to the laundry room, it was night. She made herself invisible just in case any of them were awake. She went to Joon's room first, he was in there with Jin curled up in his arms. When they touched marks, they both let out a sigh, it looked like they had a fever and they were so pale. Once the color was back she left in search of Hobi, she found him with his head on Jk's shoulder looking as bad as Jin and Joon did.

When their marks touched Jk started to stir, he opened his eyes and looked right at her. Em was still invisible but she swore he could see her. She had to leave before he fully woke and did something drastic. She left the room, she wanted to check on the others before she headed back.

"Emevol," she heard him yell. She ran, she went back home before he could find her.

"Don't leave me," he cried before he fell to the floor.

The others ran to the hallway, "what is it Yoongi?"

"She was here, Emevol was here?"

Jimin crouched down in front of him, "are you sure?"

"He is, I felt her in our room and Hobi isn't sick anymore." Jk looked over to Jin and Joon who were holding hands, "they look better too."

"She said she'd stay away, I chased away the only girl I've ever loved." Yoongi was borderline hysterical.

The Queen was pacing in her room, she went back home. This might actually work in her favor, she could pop over to Earth, kill her, and bam, problem solved. For the first time since her daughter returned home, the Queen was hopeful. She can't be blamed if she dies in another world. 

Em woke up the next morning and frowned, she'd have to go back soon. Time moves differently here than it does there. Jimin and Tae are probably really sick. After breakfast, she'll go after breakfast.

"Morning Mom."

"Good morning honey, you are looking better."

She smiled softly, "I went back and bonded with 3 of them, I'll need to go back after breakfast and bond with the next 2."

She cocked her head to the side a bit, it made Em laugh. "In that world, soulmates will die if they don't touch each other. If I'm away from them for too long, I'll get sick and then die."

"You should go back now, go back before you get sick."

Em sighed and pouted a bit, "trying to get rid of your only child?" She smacked her on the shoulder and glared at her a bit. "I will, let me have breakfast first at least." She got up and grabbed some cereal and made her bowl. "Mom, I love you. I want to thank you for saving me from the forest."

"It was the happiest day of my life, my little alien came to me from a star."

Emevol scrunched up her nose, "I'm not an alien mom."

"Technically, if you think about it you are."

She's not wrong, but still. "Alright, I'm going to head back. I'll be back in like an hour."

It was night again, she crept to Tae's room and he was in there with Jk. He looked terrible, he was squeezing the life out of Jk it seemed. They touched marks and he visually relaxed his hold on Kookie, she brushed her mark against Kook, just to feel him. Once she was done, she went in search of Jimin. He wasn't in his room, or any of the others for that matter. There was only one room left, she didn't want to go in there. She couldn't stay, not yet at least. She can't see his heartbreak every time she shows affection to one of the others. 

When she opened his door, what she saw was the last thing she ever expected. Yoongi had his arms wrapped around Jimin's smaller frame. His chin was on top of his head and Yoongi had their marks touching.