Chapter 30

Nicole paced the room, the effects of the wizard's wine wearing off. "He dared breach the walls of the palace. His arrogance will be his undoing."

"Come to bed," Waverly soothed. "He seeks to torment, nothing more."

"You don't believe that. I saw your eyes when you heard him. You too are afraid of what he might do."

"It was a moment. I heard you shouting, that's all my love."

Nicole shook her head. "We do not get to console ourselves. Not with him. If he is after me then I shall draw him out once and for all. This has to end."

Waverly pulled her knees up, lowering her head, desperate not to cry on her wedding night. "If that is what you want," she replied, her voice but a whisper.

Nicole rushed to her side. "Oh my love, I'm sorry. On this night of all nights. Don't worry, I'm merely angry at his audacity. You are right, he just wants to mind fuck me."

"He will drive us apart."

"No, no, he can't do that," Nicole replied, her arms round her wife. "He'll not do that. Hey, I'll tell cook to make that dish you like for tomorrow's meal. And we can go to our hiding place, just the two of us, you know where we first..."

Waverly shook her head. "It is too far away from the palace."

"Hey, he won't get us. Xavier and a few others can stand guard."

"Then it won't be our secret place. They'll know."

Nicole sighed. "We must not let fear take over. That's settled, we go to our secret place tomorrow."

"You can't order me."

Nicole stood, hands on hips, pretending to look serious. "I order you to come with me."

"I shan't go. So there."

"Then I'll take the homely girl from that village. What's her name again...Lily. Yes, I'll take Lily."

A cushion flew in her direction. "You will not. That is my secret place. And yours. You shall take no one but me."

"We'll have a picnic, some of her father's dandelion beer."

Another cushion flew in her direction, hitting her squarely in the face. "I forbid you to see her," Waverly yelled. "And drink beer."

Nicole sat on the bed. "Oh, you forbid me. How will you stop me from leaving?"

"I...I shall tie you up."

Nicole's eyes darkened, holding out her wrists. "Best do it now. I may be tempted to sneak out."

"Oh I will," Waverly said, leaping from the floor, scouring the room for something to restrain Nicole. "I shall make you beg for my mercy."

Nicole was already scrambling out of her armour, eager to be bound, all thought of the wizard disappearing as she watched Waverly return with one of her neck wraps used to stop her armour chafing. Nicole wet her bottom lip, closing her eyes, allowing Waverly to do as she pleased with her. Neither got much sleep that night, Nicole promising never to tease Waverly ever again, although it did the trick as she hoped it would, having come to realise her new wife was, on occasions, given to jealousy of anyone who might take Nicole's eye.

Having been released from bondage, the couple lay in each other's arms as the sun entered their room, Waverly wriggling in Nicole's arms trying to get comfortable. "What's wrong?" Nicole asked, as Waverly sat up moving her shoulders, wincing.

"My back. It pains a little. I may need your magic touch."

Turning over, Waverly waited for Nicole to massage her aching muscles, instead hearing a gasp, followed by several expletives. "Your wings. Waverly your wings, I can see them."