Chapter - 29

Sorry for the delay guyz

.
Plz ignore typos.

.
AB Hospital

.

Arnav: Khushi!!! He sat with a thud on the floor. Everyone ran towards him but he was all blank. Aman sat near him and pulled him into a hug.

Aman: Arnav!!! Look at me… Khushi will be fine, yaar. He said tightening the hug. 

.
After a long time

.
The door of the ICU was opened and the Doctor came out.  Everyone ran towards the Doctor. 

Aman: Doctor, how is Khushi? 

Doctor: Who are you to her? 

Aman: Brother. 

Doctor: I want to talk to you in private. 

Aman looked around. Akash and Aman moved towards the Doctor's cabin. 

.
Doctor's Cabin.

.

Doctor: See… I need to ask you a few questions.

Aman: What's it, Doctor?

Doctor: How did she pass out? I mean, was she alone then?

Aman: No Doctor. We were on a picnic. All of us were there with her. 

Doctor: So she was cheerful.

Akash: Of course she was. It was her favourite place. What's it, Doctor?

Doctor: I see. Then this is a clear case of a murder attempt. She has swallowed a harmful poison. 

Aman: Poison??

Doctor: Yes. This is a Police case. I have to inform the police. 

Akash: How is she now, Doctor? She is fine, na?

Doctor: I am not beating around the bush. She is critical, in fact very critical. Anything can happen at any time. The poison she consumed was hazardous. Surviving chances are very less. The next 24 hours are very crucial. If she doesn't gain consciousness within that period, there is a high chance of losing her. 

Aman and Akash turned pale at this revelation. 

Aman: Doctor, do whatever you can, to save her. Bring all the best doctors from all over the world. Money is not a problem. 

Doctor: Sure. Don't worry. We will do our best. But money won't be enough to save a life, every time. Pray. Miracles can happen.

Aman: Doctor, I know this is unethical. But we don't prefer anyone to know about this now. So please don't inform the police. We will find the culprit and will hand him/her to the police. Trust me.