daddy duties

Every mother is nervous about leaving their baby alone for the first time. After giving birth, Y/N never left her son's side. You would think after a few months she would be good, but no she's still nervous.

She looks over at everything before heading into the living room to see her boyfriend playing his PlayStation while their son was in his arms. Jordan could tell she was nervous after observing her body language.

"Babe he's going to be fine alright I don't know how many times I have to tell you that."

"I know but Carter is just my little baby."

She gives the baby multiple kisses making him giggle.

"No but seriously I got it you just have fun during your self-care day with your friends...now go before you end up not leaving", he laughs.

"Shut up...bye my baby...bye my other baby."

Y/N gives both of them a quick kiss before leaving their house. As soon as the door closed Carter began crying.

"Aw little man we are not doing this today."

Jordan took a quick glance at the clock probably thinking his son is hungry. He quickly grabs a premade bottle out of the fridge and warms it up a little bit to Carter's liking. When the microwave beeps he grabs it out of the microwave, test the milk on his wrist, and put the bottle in the baby boy's mouth.

He goes back to the couch and lays Carter on his back while he ate. Jordan grabs his phone recording a cute video of his baby boy.

"I'm telling y'all after he finishes this bottle I'm giving him five minutes tops and he's going to sleep."

Jordan put his phone away placing his attention back on his son. His whole son...it was too surreal to him even after five months. He remembers how excited he was when the nurses asked him to cut the umbilical cord and all.

"I love you so much Carter."

The baby made a small smile and giggled.

"Aww not you smiling at me but for real though I'm trying to get your mom to give you a little brother or sister but she with playing me."

Carter made a baby noise lifting his fist up.

"I know right."

The young dad places his son on his shoulder patting his back to burp him. After getting Carter situated, Jordan sits him on his lap so he can get back to playing the game.

• • •

A good two hours passed by and Carter was just chilling. He was being very good and wasn't giving his dad any trouble which Jordan loved. While waiting for the next game to load, Jordan took a quick sniff of the air and covered his nose.

"That's why you were so quiet."

With the white onesie Carte had on, Jordan can see that this was more than just a regular poopy diaper.

"How did you shit up your back and you're sitting up?"

He lifts his son up seeing that it seeped on his clothes.

Jordan quickly dials his girlfriend's number because she said to call her in case something happens.

While at the spa, Y/N was chatting it up with her friends while getting a pedicure. She hears her phone ring and a picture of her and Jordan pops up.

"Hello."

"Babe Carter shitted up his back and it got on my clothes too."

"Ok take him out of his clothes and diaper and throw them away."

Jordan puts her on speaker doing what she said.

"Ahhhh damn it got on me!"

"Baby it's ok just wash your hands, wipe him, and you off before getting in the tub."

"Y/N how am I supposed to take a shower when there's nobody here to watch him."

"Jordan you're going to have to take a bath with Carter."

"Ok well, I love you."

"I love you too."

"When are you coming back home?"

Y/N giggles knowing that Jordan is struggling a little bit.

"I'll be back in a few hours ok."

"Ok."

• • •

Taking a bath with Carter was ok for the most part, except for the fact that he was splashing water everywhere. Jordan makes sure they are both situated and changed in their pajamas before heading into the kitchen to grab yet another bottle.

Rushing back into the room Carter gets excited seeing Jordan walk through the door.

"You excited to see daddy you never get this excited when your mommy is around."

He puts on HBO Max so Carter can watch Curious George and hopefully go to sleep.

• • •

It was probably around nine at night when Y/N comes back to the house. After the spa her friends decided to grab something to eat and catch up with their friend more after she had a baby and went MIA. The majority of the downstairs lights were off meaning that Jordan was upstairs. Y/N's heart melted at the sight of her boyfriend and their son knocked out in the bed with their mouths open. She quickly puts on pajamas and snuggles close to both of them.

A/N
Hi guys this is my first Jordan Poole book and I'm so excited for you guys to read it. I kind of wrote this for my own entertainment since I started to have an interest in him and there aren't that many books/imagines about him. I hope you guys enjoy it tho💙💛