graceful dignity

wrote this in my keith powers imagine book and decided to bring it over here🩷

"Alright Jordan it's a normal press conference...just like the others."

The young man paced around in his assigned green room trying to get his emotions together for this message. Not only did he have to be strong for his children and family, but for his nation also. Before his dad passed away and he became king of Trinidad and Tobago he always said, "if you have a big heart don't be afraid to show it to the world, showing your emotions is a sign of strength." The entire country adored his father and loved the humanitarian work he did around the world.

His wife reminded him so much of her father. No matter what disease anyone had she always wanted to give them a hug because she believed a bear hug was the cure to everything. She never viewed herself as queen of Trinidad and Tobago, but rather as a normal person. Y/N never liked press conferences and had a dislike towards reporters because they always asked personal questions. Jordan laughs remembering the time she gave every journalist that asked a question the same answer. The queen was fed up that day and just wanted to go back home to spend time with her children.

A knock interrupts his thoughts and he quickly wipes his tears away.

"Your royal highness they're ready for you."

Running his hands over his royal military outfit, he places his hat on his head giving himself one last look in the mirror.

It hasn't even been twelve hours yet and he already has to break the news.

Once he turns around to his secretary, Moses, him and his security guard walk him over to the press conference room they have in the embassy office.

As soon as he entered the room, the flash devices on the cameras went off like fireworks. Normally Jordan would stand and wave for picture, but with this news he was about to deliver each flash felt like a bullet going through his chest. Many reporters in the crowd were yelling asking questions to get some insight of what is going on.

"King Jordan what is the purpose of this emergency conference?"

Pulling out the paper her typed up early this morning, he takes a deep breath and moves one of the many microphones on the podium to his height.

"Good morning citizens of Trinidad and Tobago I hope you all are doing well and having a better morning than I am."

He release a nervous laugh which made everyone laugh with him or give their king a small smile.

"I have some news to inform the nation with and I am deeply saddened to say that my wife, your queen Y/N has unfortunately passed away. She was away on holiday in Paris after doing months of work with the AIDS foundation in South Africa. I received a call at around three am from the hospital informing me about my wife's death. The head doctor on her case stated that she suffered from multiple injuries in a single motor vehicle accident. I was on the phone with the police as well and they informed me that the crash occurred at roughly one fourth seven this morning. They arrived onto the scene roughly five minutes after they received a call from a French civilian that saw everything. My wife informed me that France's government were notified about her arrival and extended an invite to the Landmine foundation's charity event. My wife has worked with countries such as Vietnam to attempt to remove active land mines from their land. Knowing my wife had a compassionate heart she couldn't turn down the invite. As she was leaving the event, paparazzi swarmed her and the French government provided extra security to escort her out of the establishment."