Chapter 24

"Ah. I guess you caught me. I did vote for you," Uraraka admitted. Izuku turned to look at Iida with an expectant look across his face. Iida, getting the message shook his head.

"Wanting a job and being suited to it are quite different things. Observing the Iida family's hero agency has taught me that much." Iida answered. This caught Karma's attention as he snapped his head in the young blue-headed teen's direction.

"Agency?" Karma began... "You mean..."

"Hold on, what does your family do?" Nagisa butted in, cutting off his boyfriend.

"Uh‐‐ Oh, it's nothing." Iida stammered, sweat forming at his brow.

"Y'know, I've been wondering something about you..." Karma interjected, "Admit it, Iida.
You're filthy rich!"

"Uh‐‐ I was afraid people would treat me differently if they knew about my family" Iida admitted, hanging his head low as his figure visibly slouched.

"What? Why?" Nagisa exclaimed. Sure he was rich, but what does that have to do with making friends. Poor, rich, middle class, who cares? It's all about how the person acts, their personality and their loyalty to you through thick and thin.

You see, the Iidas have been pro heroes for generations. It runs in our blood." Iida began.

"Ingenium the Turbo Hero." Nagisa blurted. Iida looked extremely stunned.

"Ingenium is your elder brother no?" He rephrased. Iida simply nodded at the newly revealed information.

"He's a super‐popular pro with 65 sidekicks working alongside him at his Tokyo agency!" Izuku geeked. Iida smiled as his chest swelled in pride for his older brother's accomplishments.

"My elder brother is an unmatched commander who honors the hero code. As the second oldest Iida son, I strive to be just like him," Iida bragged innocently. "However, I think it might be a bit soon for me to be in a real leadership role. You, for example. You figured out what the judges were looking for in the practical exam. A rep needs that sort of insight.."

At these words, Karma, Nagisa, and Izuku looked at each other, worry evident in each of their faces. Not for each other, but for Iida and his desire to become like his brother as a hero.

"I-Iida. I have a question for you." Nagisa vacillated with a weary smile. Iida grinned at him and gave him a little nod of acknowledgement, allowing for Nagisa to ask his question.

"Why be a replica of your brother when you could be someone that represents who you truly are?"

Iida tilted his head in confusion at the question. Noticing this, Karma rephrased the question...

"Why do you want to be exactly like your older brother, rather than following your own unique path as a hero?"