Chapter 31

On the day of the UA Sports Festival, a lot of declarations between students were made. Especially by Todoroki Shoto. He declared that he'd beat out Karma, Midoriya, Bakugo, and everyone else there. Unsure about why he was doing such declarations right before the festival, Midoriya brushed it off. He knew he was just here to have fun and hopefully get noticed by some good heroes, but before that, the opening speeches were to be made. 

"Now for a special speech made by our one and only Bakugo Katsuki from class 1-A," Midnight announced, a bright practiced smile on her face. As Bakugo walked up the stairs of the stage, the others watched on in anticipation of what he might say. 

"I just want to say... I'm going to win." He said curtly before walking off with a farewell thumbs down. 

Midoriya rolled his eyes at Bakugo's arrogance, knowing all too well how this might turn out. Just like he predicted, all the other course students were upset, glaring or making chide comments towards both Bakugo and the 1-A class. Luckily, the students quieted down as Midnight began explaining the first game. 

"Every year, many students drink their tears here! Now here is the fateful first game!" She announces, pausing for the added suspense, "This year it is.... an OBSTACLE RACE!" 

"All 11 classes will participate in this race, the course being the outer-circumference of this stadium. Our school selling point is freedom, so you can do whatever you like as long as you stay on the course. Now take your places everyone!" 

3....2.....1.... BUZZZZZZ!!!! 

Karma, Nagisa, and Izuku stood at the back, watching the crowd of students try to squish through each other to get out the narrow entrance. Karma sighed, deciding to just jump on top of people, using their shoulders like branches of trees. The other two followed suite, getting out of the tunnel just as Todoroki froze the entrance. 

While they ran, they fought to stay in the top ten, but nothing higher than that. They were taught to be competitive, but to also be vigilant. They figured there was a twist to the games, seeing as there was more than one and it was a hero school. While Todoroki and Bakugo fought for first place, Izuku, Nagisa, and Karma settled for 3rd, 5th, and 6th. Proven right, Todoroki had a band of 1 million points, putting him as the biggest target and spotlight. 

During the calvary battles, the trio paired themselves up with Tokoyami. They worked well together, gathering a variety of bands that ranged between small and large amounts of points. Once time was up, they ended up in second place, Todoroki keeping first, and the other groups being Bakugo and Shinso in fourth and fifth respectively. All that was left for them to compete in was the 1 vs 1 battles.