CHAPTER 7

Meera's POV

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing . It's just 5 am and I slept around 12 last night. I'm still sleepy. I pick the phone up without looking at the name of caller.

"hello", my voice is hoarse and I want  nothing more than to sleep.

The person on the other end starts talking and it takes me a minute to process her words. The moment I do, I shoot out of bed and rush towards my closet. It was a call from the hospital, its an emergency. The condition of one of my patients has deteriorated a lot and that to all of a sudden. He was just fine last evening when I checked up on him.

It takes me five minutes to change out of my night wear and throw on a pair of jeans and some random top. I tie my hair into a messy bun , wash my face and fly down the stairs. I grab my car keys and hastily scribble a note stating my whereabouts and leave it on the dining table.

I reach the hospital within 10mins as there was no traffic in the morning. I park my car and rush towards the OT.  I change into scrubs and start trying to stabilize him.

After almost 4hrs his condition is better but we still keep him under observation for sometime. I check up on my other patients in the meantime. Its around 11 by the time I am done . I go up to my office and check my phone. I have around 20 messages from dad asking me come home as we have to be at a five star hotel by 12.30. It's 11 now. SHIT.  I rush down to the parking lot , get into my car and drive home as fast as I can.

It takes me around 40mins to reach home. Dad is sitting on the couch . He looks at me as I enter.

"Meera , where have you been, we are already getting late. "

"I know, I'm sorry there was an emergency ,I'll get ready in like 15 mins."

Saying this, I rush up to my room and take a quick shower. I change my dress, brush my  hair , apply light makeup , put on some heels and rush downstairs.

 I change my dress, brush my  hair , apply light makeup , put on some heels and rush downstairs

                                                               (Meera's outfit)

Dad is waiting for me near the door. We go towards my car, I sit in the drivers seat while dad sits beside me and I drive to the hotel not knowing what was awaiting there.

***********

Author's POV

Luckily they reach the place on time. Meera handed over the keys to the valet and they went inside . Meera's phone keeps on buzzing with texts from Liz asking for updates. She ignores them for the time being and goes inside the hotel. 

 All of a sudden Meera starts to feel a little nervous. Before this she never had much time to think about this. She had no idea who was going to meet and in all the rush she had forgotten to ask her dad too. But soon she brushes these thoughts out of her mind.