CHAPTER 44

Author's POV

The rest of the ride passed in silence, mainly because both of them were trying to digest the fact that Nate is alive. The moment they reached home, Meera and Abhi get out of the car and go inside the house. 

Meera wordlessly makes her way towards their room but Abhi stops her. 

"Meera are you alright?", he asks worriedly .She just nods, not really wanting to talk about it. A small part of her still hopes that when she gets up next morning, all this will just be a dream. Abhi is about to say something else but before he can press further, She closes the door of the bathroom behind her.  Abhi stares at the closed door for a moment before going to change his clothes.

Meera comes out and lies down on her side, trying to fall asleep. Abhi comes out a few moments later and sits on the other side. He looks at Meera whose back is facing him. He too lies down on his side and switches the lights off.

After tossing and turning and turning for a couple of minutes, he finally puts an arm around Meera's waist , pulling her closer. Involuntarily, she turns towards him and places her head on his shoulder. He kisses  her temple and soon falls asleep in the comfort of her embrace.  

**********

The next morning Meera wakes up to find herself held by Abhi in a tight embrace. She tries getting out of it but he just pulls her closer. 

"Abhi, let me go", she tells him. 

"Five more minutes", he groans burying his face in the crook of her neck.

She laughs and says, "Its 8'o clock already ", Abhi lets her go begrudgingly.  

They both get up and get ready for the day. Meera is sitting on the bed scrolling through her phone when Abhi comes and sits beside her. 

"Meera do you want to talk about yesterday?", Abhi asks her softly.

"I really don't know what to say . A part of me still thinks that it's not true"

"Do you think he'll try to talk to you?", Abhi asks, feeling a little insecure all of a sudden. A number of questions cross his mind. The most daunting ones being that Does Meera still loves him or worse, will she go back to him? Many questions and doubts like this cross his mind in the moment but he doesn't say anything. He tries his best to dismiss all this. 

"I honestly don't know", Meera replies to his previous question. 

"Do want me to stay here with you today? We could-", Abhi begins to say but Meera cuts him off.

"I have a appointment in sometime so I have to go for that", she says.

"Are you sure you'll be fine? I can-"

"Abhi don't worry, I'm fine, ok?", she says kissing his cheek. 

"Ok, but you call me immediately incase anythvvvvvvving happens or-", Abhi starts but Meera cuts him off by placing her lips on his. 

"You worry so much. I feel like I'm a child all over again and my dad is lecturing me"

"So I remind you of your dad?", Abhi asks looking shocked. Meera stifles a laugh and shakes her head. He places his hands on the head board on either side of her head,  caging her. He trails kisses along her jaw. "You really shouldn't have said that", he whispers ,gently biting her ear lobe. 

Their moment is interrupted because Abhi's phone starts ringing. He checks the caller id and sighs. "I have to take this call", he says getting up to answer it.  Meera fixes her hair and goes downstairs. Abhi joins her moments later.