CHAPTER 12

Abhimanyu's POV

Its the day of the wedding. I can't believe that I am getting married. I was never the relationship kind of guy and now I am getting married and that to , to a complete stranger. Everyone is busy in the preparations. I am in a room along with Nikhil getting ready. Ma forced me to wear this sherwani , as if everything else going on was not enough. 

Meera is getting ready in the room on the other side of the hall. Something about the bride and groom not seeing each other. I spoke to Ranveer uncle or dad, as he asked me to call him. I'm not going to lie, he is a good person and I can see that. He also subtly threatened me about the consequences if I hurt Meera. Apart from that he is very kind person and I can see why dad likes him. 

"Look , I know that you love your playboy image but give Meera a chance. She is a wonderful person and I'm sure you'll like her ", Nikhil says. Ugh, not this again.

"She is only after my money. I don't need anyone else in my life and I'm only doing this for mom and dad otherwise I have no interest in marrying her", I say and Nikhil sighs. He knows that there is no use arguing with me.  

I adjust my hair till I'm satisfied with my look. Ma walks in and takes in my appearance. 

"Aww, my little boy is so grown and is looking so handsome", she says while hugging me. 

"Ma , stop addressing me like that and I grew up a long time ago", I say but she completely ignores me. 

"Good you are ready , lets go its time ", she says and we all head out. The whole place is decorated beautifully. I go up to the podium and take my place. Dad and Adi are already standing there while mom goes to call Meera. After 5mins ma, Meera's dad and Alia come out but she is no where to be seen. 

Another few minutes pass and the panditji tells us that it is time to begin . Aditya goes to inform her. 2 mins later they come out. She is wearing a red lehenga and is looking beautiful. Wait, did I just call her beautiful, no, she's looking ok. Yeah.

Adi and the other person beside her help her with the dress. The man holds her hand and whispers something in her ear to which she nods. He then kisses he cheek. She comes and sits down next to me without so much as a glance towards me. 

I can't help but stare at her for a few seconds. Her long lashes , plump lips and- , I was broken out of my trance when the panditji started to chant some mantras. I turned back faced front pretending as if I was just not ogling her.  She looks so pretty and innocent but looks are always deceiving.

The panditji continued to chant some mantras while she was sitting so stiffly beside me. After some time he asked us to exchange garlands, then he asked me to apply vermillion on the partition of her hair and tie the nuptial chain.

I take a pinch of vermillion and put it in her hair line. She stiffened more if humanly possible at the contact . I ignored it and tied the nuptial chain too. 

Now, we are asked to to standup for the seven pheras. I have to lead the first four and she has to lead the next three. We start circling the the fire . When 4 pheras are done, she moves forward to lead the next three and while doing so she trips a little on he dress. I place a hand on her bare waist to steady her. The moment her cold skin comes in contact with my warm hand, we both shiver slightly. We make eyes contact but its broken of after a second. 

After a while all the rituals are complete and we're married. Fuck, I'm married. 

Everyone comes and hugs us, they are so happy. Meera's dad and ma have tears in their eyes. Its time for us to leave now. We are going back to my house while Reyansh is staying with ma tonight. We all head out. I go and sit in the drivers seat of the car while everyone hugs Meera again. Her dad says something to her to which she shook her head and started telling him something. I couldn't hear what they were taking about but it almost looked like she was giving instructions to her dad like he was a kid and he was nodding vigorously . Everyone chuckled looking at them. Finally , the man who's name I learned was Karan opened the door for her and she sat on the passenger seat.

I start driving towards my house. On the way I glance at her, she is looking out of the window. Aren't brides supposed to cry or something during their wedding? Never mind, its a good thing that she is not crying. I turn my attention back to the road. I don't want her to expect anything from. Tonight I'll make it very clear that I don't want any kind of relation with her. I can't let her get close to Reyansh too. That won't be a problem. 

We have reached home. I park the car and head towards the door. I hear the sound of bangles clinking and I know that she is behind me. I step into the living room and hear someone curse behind me. She is struggling with her lehenga. You should help her, my inner voice says, but I don't. We are both standing in the living room now. I awkwardly clear my throat and say-

"We need to talk", she just nods in agreement.

"I want you to know that I just agreed to marry you for my parents and I have no interest whatsoever in this relationship so just because I married you doesn't make you a part of my life. You will not interfere in my work and I will not in yours. Also the news that we are married just stays between our family", I say at once and look for her reaction. Her face is expression less.

"I'm glad we cleared that up and just for your information I don't have any interest in you either. And as for staying out of each others life, we can make that work", she finally says. God, she has such a sexy accent.  Not now Abhi focus.

"Good, also you don't need to feel like you have any obligations towards Reyansh", I add to which she just nods. "Your room is the one on the right , mine is to the left . In front of everyone we act like a proper couple."

She starts walking towards her room when I say, "I know you married me just for my money so don't get your hopes high, this thing wont last for long". She stops in her place, her back is facing me . After a few seconds she shakes her head and continues walking towards her room.

I sigh and go into mine. When I accused her of marrying me just for my money she dint even deny it. My entire family likes her so much. They will be heartbroken when they find out her true colors. The sooner they find out the faster I can end this and she'll be out of our lives. 

Suddenly tired from this whole ordeal , I change my clothes and drift of in to deep sleep.

****************************************************

They are married, I repeat they are MARRIED.

Abhi and Meera clearly don't want any kind of relationship. Most importantly. how will Reyansh react to this new addition in the family.

Stay tuned to find out 

xoxo

Sakshi