CHAPTER 13

Meera's POV

I am married. All the rituals are over and everyone comes and hugs us, they are so happy. Dad and ma have tears in their eyes. Its time for us to leave now , so we all head out.  Abhi goes and sits in the drivers seat of the car. Ma hugs me again . Dad does the same and asks me to care of myself.

"I always take care of myself, it is you who has to . Please take your medicines on time and use only the required amount of oil in the food. I have explained Mary everything and also put reminders for it in your mobile. There is also a document with all the instruction kept on your side table", I say and dad groans. 

"And how long is that document?", he asks.

"11 pages , double sided , single spaced", I reply to which he groans again and everyone laughs at us.

"At least the font size is 14. Please read it and follow every instruction in it", I say to ease the blow.

Dad just nods and Karan helps me in to the car. Its so hard to move in this lehenga. He starts to drive towards his house. It takes us around 20mins to reach . Neither of us speak during the ride. On reaching the house , he parks the car , gets out of it and makes his way towards the door. I silently follow him, cursing over my lehenga.

We are both standing in the living room now. He clears his throat and says-

"We need to talk", and i nod in agreement.

"I want you to know that I just agreed to marry you for my parents and I have no interest whatsoever in this relationship so just because I married you doesn't make you a part of my life. You will not interfere in my work and I will not in yours. Also the news that we are married just stays between our family", he says and I maintain an expressionless face.

"I'm glad we cleared that up and just for your information I don't have any interest in you either. And as for staying out of each others life, we can make that work",  I say. I am glad he feels the same , though i would not have put it so rudely but nevertheless good we cleared this up.

"Good, also you don't need to feel like you have any obligations towards Reyansh  "Your room is the one on the right , mine is to the left . In front of everyone we act like a proper couple."

I start walking towards my room. I need to get out of this dress asap "I know you married me just for my money so don't get your hopes high, this thing wont last for long". I stop in my place when I hear this. Does he really think I married him just for money. I don't need money, I have enough of my own. I debated whether to answer him back or go to the room and remove this dress. I choose the latter so I just shake my head and go into the room.

                                                                  (Meera's room)

                                                                  (Meera's room)