CHAPTER 9

Author's POV

It's been two days since the meeting. Meera told everything to Karan and Liz. They were supportive as always. In these last few days, Ranveer gave Meera space and time to think. But during this whole time Meera tried her best not to think about it. But they needed to give an answer at the earliest. 

So after  giving Meera two days to think and contemplate , on the morning of the third day Ranveer decides to ask Meera about her decision. Both of them are siting on the dining table eating breakfast when he pops the question.

"Uh, so Meera what have you decided ?". He asks her.

"About what dad" , Meera asks absentmindedly. 

"About you marriage Meera? What is you decision? Do you want to marry Abhimanyu?", Ranveer asks with a hopeful glint in his eyes. Now Meera's full attention is on him. Seeing the look in his eyes, she couldn't muster up the courage to say no. She dint have the heart to look at his  dejected face if says no.

"Yes dad. Ok- I agree to mar ", Meera says and before she can complete the sentence her dad almost jumps out of this chair with happiness . 

"I knew it. I knew that you would agree. I can't wait to tell Sameer. I'm so happy", he gets up from his chair and hugs Meera. She forces a small smile. After breaking the hug she gets up from her place and says,

"Dad , I have to leave now. Take care", saying this she grabs her bag and practically runs out of the house. She sits inside her car and tries to calm her racing heart. Her life is completely about to change but for the better or worse, no one knows.

***********

Meera is currently in her office when her phone rings. It's an unknown number. Meera answers the call,

Meera: Hello?

"Bhabhi I'm so glad you said-". Bhabhi? Meera thinks looking at her phone in confusion. 

"Sorry, who's this?", Meera asks the caller.

"Arey, you dint recognize me. It's me, Alia ."

"Oh, right. Hi Alia"

Alia: Ya so anyways where was I? Yes I'm so glad you agreed to marry bhaiya, we are going to have so much fun and-

The phone was taken out of Alia's hand by Nandini. "Alia, she must be busy. You can chat later but first tell her the main thing ". Nandini tells Alia.

"Meera beta its me Nandini. So now that both of you have agreed we have a wedding to plan. Oh, but before that we have to decide a date. I spoke to Ranveer ji and we can do that today if you are free in the evening", Nandini says.

"Um, I'm sorry but don't think I'll be able to make it today. You and dad decide the date. I'm fine with anything you both decide. ", Meera replies. It's true that she wasn't free today. She had a major surgery lined up. 

"Ok beta but tell me you are free tomorrow or day after. We have to go and buy you a wedding dress. ", Nandini almost squeals in excitement while saying this.

"Yes, I'll let you know", Meera says . After saying their goodbyes, Meera disconnects the call. 

All this was happening too soon. Meera groans and closes her eyes for a few minutes, trying to calm herself. After a minute, a nurse knocks and comes into her office informing her that her scheduled surgery was to happen in half n hour. Meera nods and reads the file of her patient once more just before the surgery.

********

At the Malhotra Mansion

After talking to Meera, Nandini calls Abhimanyu. He picks the call up after a few rings-

Abhi: Yes ma

Nandini: I have a good news for you. Meera agreed . You are getting married.

Abhimanyu is shocked. It takes him a few seconds to compose himself.

Nandini: Hello, Abhi. Are you there?

Abhi: Yes ma , that's great.

Abhimanyu replies sarcastically but Nandini doesn't seem to notice it.

Nandini: So we are going to her house to discuss the details for all the functions. Will you come with us?

Nandini asks Abhimanyu this question but she  already knows the answer but no one can blame her for trying.

Abhi: Nahi ma. I have work so I won't be able to make it.

Nandini sighs and disconnects the phone. She calls Alia and Sameer and asks the to get ready as they have to leave for Meera's house.

********

At the Singhania's house

In the mean time Sameer, Nandini, Alia, Aditya and Ranveer are all gathered at the Singhania house to discuss the details for the wedding. So basically everyone was present except the bride and groom themselves.

"Ranveer, Abhimanyu doesn't want a grand wedding so can we keep this as low profile as possible.", Sameer asks him tentatively.

"Its great that Abhimanyu thinks that because Meera to wants the function to be as small as possible", Ranveer says.

"Small matlab? We will at least have a few hundred guests right. And can it be a destination wedding. I can already imagine a perfect outdoors June wedding", Alia says dreamily.

"No, small matlab 50 to 60 people. Plus you know that Abhimanyu is in the news every second day and if anyone finds out about this there will be a stream of reporters and none of us will be able to leave the house. We don't want this to happen so we will invite only close relatives.", Nandini says and everyone else nods in agreement.

"Ok so lets decide a date first", Sameer says.

"Yes how about the 26th of June, Its 20 days from now.", Nandini suggests.

"That's perfect. And 20 days is enough time to prepare for all this ", Ranveer agrees with everyone else.

"Great so its settled. The wedding will happen on the 26th of this month. And we can have the haldi and mehendi ceremony on the 24 and 25th", Nandini says excitedly. 

They all agree and go on to discuss things like the venue , guest list and other things. 

*****************************************************************

First of all , a big thank you all those who have given my book a chance.

So the wedding has been set. 20 days for it. But don't worry I won't make you guys wait for that long. 

Pls comment and vote

xoxo

Sakshi