CHAPTER 38

Author's POV

More than a month has passed since Abhimanyu's accident. He's completely healed now and everything is perfect. 

Meera is currently in her office when Nandini calls her.

M: Hello

N: Meera, are you free now?

M: Haan ma, did something happen?

N: Next week Diwali hai and every year we have this pooja and the entire family comes over .                And  when I say the entire family, I mean a lot of extended relatives. So will you come  with         me for shopping tomorrow?

M: Of course, what time?

N: Sachi, you'll come. No one ever comes with me . The are all busy in their work and we can go whenever you are free. But it will probable take a lot of time because we have a lot to prepare for.

M: Yes, I'll come and can we go in the afternoon, around 2?

N: Haan, perfect.

M: Ok, then Ill pick you up. I have some work here in the morning then I'll come there directly.

N: Ok, I have to go and make a list of everything we need. Bye.

Nandini says this excitedly and disconnects the call. 

**********

The next day Meera gets ready and sits beside Abhi and Reyansh on the dining table. 

"I'll be home late today because ma wants me to accompany her for some shopping ", Meera tells Abhi.

"So you are going now?"

"No, I have some work and then from there I'll pick ma up directly", She tells him.

"Come as early as you can, I'll miss you", Abhi says standing up. He kisses her and leaves for work. After eating breakfast even Meera leaves for work.

                                                    (Meera's outfit)

                                                    (Meera's outfit)

She finishes her work and goes to pick up Nandini. When she reaches the Malhotra mansion, both Alia and Nandini come out.

"Hey Alia, I dint know you were coming?", Meera greets her.

"In her words, it might be less boring since you are here", Nandini replies.

"Ok so, pehele kaha jaana hai?", Alia asks them?

"We have to go to the mall first, I need to find a sexy Indian dress because dadi is coming", Alia says ad Meera looks at her quizzically. 

"When I said our extended family is coming , it includes Sameer's mom, his younger brother and his family. Sameer's mom, Alia's dadi is a bit conservative and for some reason has never liked Alia much so every year just to spite her she wears clothes that my mother-in-law would not approve of , which includes almost everything. I don't even blame Alia for wanting to spite her", Nandini explains.