Keep

"You're seriously going like that?" Lisa asks the moment I step out my room.
"Good Morning. You look gorgeous" I say as I walk past her.

"Did you even sleep last night?" I ask, noticing she's the first one awake which is new.

It's odd. She's way more energetic than me and I like to take the occasional nap, but she's always waking up late.

It's the heroine in her.

"How could I? Do I look ok?" she asks, straightening her shirt.
"Perfect" I give a thumbs up.

"Apparently, we're supposed to meet them at their home" I say. I got a message late last night from our manager about the details.

Apparently, it's just going to be us. I'm already predicting that I'll be the cameraman for the day. Why am I going again?

"I'm so not ready" Lisa says as she fusses with her hair in the mirror.
"You got this" I encourage her.
"Not helping" she frowns.

"I could slap you if that will help" I bring up.
"Hilarious" she rolls her eyes.

"Relax. We've got an hour. Let's get breakfast and then we can quickly buy something for them" I say.
"Do we need to bring something?" she asks with wide eyes.
"It's manners" I simply say.

She takes a breath.

"There's a buffet in the hotel" I say as I grab my wallet and keys.
"I can do this" Lisa tries to encourage herself as she follows me, putting on a mask.

I probably don't need one.

We sit somewhere in the corner, Lisa's back facing the other customers.

"Don't you miss the old days that we can just go out without all this" I sigh. I mean, it was still bad back then but not to this level because now she's not just a pretty face. She's a pretty face with a famous name.

Lisa doesn't hear me. I notice her leg bouncing up and down.

I put a hand over her fidgeting hand.

"I'm right next to you" I tell her straight in the eyes. She calms down a little.
"And I'm pretty sure they won't kill us" I say just as I leave the table to go to the buffet.

Lisa stayed in the car while I went shopping. I had no clue what to get them.

I decided on flowers and snacks. I'm sure they'll enjoy it-the snacks part anyway.

I walk back to the car to see someone standing by the car next to Lisa's window.

(And this is where the story converts to Korean. English will be in italics.)

"Hey! What are you doing?" I ask the guy.
"Isn't that Lisa? From America?" the guy asks, pointing at the tinted window.

"Nah dude. That's my car" I say. The guy looks skeptical.

I get in quick before he gets a sneak peak from my side.

"Flowers?" Lisa asks with wide eyes.
"It's like you're trying to embarrass me on purpose" she sinks in her seat.
"Most people appreciate flowers" I say as I start the car again.

Their house isn't far from the hotel and company. It doesn't take long to get there.

"This should be it" I say as I pull up into a drive through.

I open my window and press the button on the intercom.

I hear the thing switch on.

"Hi. I have a meeting her today" I say.
"It's not a meeting" Lisa quickly says.
"Sorry. Not a meeting" I say and turn to her again.