Pretending

"Can you maybe not be all clingy when it comes to Taehyung? It's clearly hurting Hoseok" I say, also trying to help out Lisa's image.

Sometimes, she just needs a bit of reality.

"I doubt it" Lisa waves it off.
"Hey hey-I'm rarely wrong" I warn her straight in the eyes.

"You think? It doesn't seem like it" she says as she rethinks the situation.
"Just don't hurt him" I shortly say.

She blinks a few times, looking surprised.

"What's with that dumb face?" I ask, pinching her cheek. She's quick to distance her face from me.
"This is a first" she gapes, looking me straight in the eye.

I'm not gonna ask.

I walk away to the kitchen.

"You're not taking my side" she continues anyway.
"I don't always take your side" I simply say, filling a glass of water for myself.

"This seems different this time. You're falling for him" she says.
"Can you maybe stop? It's not like it will work out anyway" I say, trying to convince myself to stop as well.

"Don't be so pessimistic. I'm sure it will. You just need to shoot your shot and see what happens next. If you don't, you'll regret it" she tells me.
"I don't need dating advice, especially not from you, you walking cliche" I roll my eyes, getting annoyed.

It's not like I have Lisa's power.

I'm a regular person.

"I am not a cliche" she states, running her hand through her hair only for her hair to fall back perfectly in place.

I look at her with half lidded eyes, not buying her story.

I notice she's unusually pale.

"Let's take a nap. I'll allow you to cuddle me" I move on. That will be the only way that she'll actually get some sleep.

"Wait-really?" she asks with wide eyes.
"Just this once" I quickly say, walking to my room.

She's quick to follow behind me.

"So-do you actually like Hoseok?" she asks.
"I don't know. Maybe he's the only other person I'm seeing so I'm getting confused" I tell her, but I know that's not it.

I'd like to spend more time with him. I want to learn every small detail about him.

As I think back on my first impressions on him, I realise that my eyes often landed back on him, noticing his tiny habits. I subconsciously looked at him from the beginning.

There's just something about him.

Well-obviously, but in a more natural kind of way.

I like how loud he is.

A weird thing to like, but hey.

I feel my heart beating faster.

I cover my face with a hand. I don't like this.

This isn't going to go well for me.

I silently take slow breathes, thinking about something else to calm myself down.

I notice how unusually quiet Lisa is.

I guess she really is sick.

She clings to me, having a peaceful face while she rests.

I can't sleep like this.

I need to have my space.

So with my one free arm, I scroll through my phone, thinking of all the things I should do once Lisa gets enough rest.