ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ ᴍᴇss

Umm...I'm Kai or Kailah whatever you wanna call me." I stuck my hand out for him to shake and he accepted. His grasp was firm and he had a good grip.

"Okay, well I have to go run to my car and grab something. I'll be back." Liza walked out and then it was just Vinnie and I.

"So I guess we're neighbors?" He smiled at me. I nodded slowly. "I mean we could be roommates too. I like sleepovers." He smirked as he leaned back in his game chair.

I rolled my eyes and made my way to the door. "That may work on all your tiktok girls but not me. If I were Liza, I would never let a man tell me what to do." I walked out of his bedroom and made sure to sway my hips as I walked into my room.

I decided after unpacking my clothes and putting it in drawers to go grab a water from the kitchen and explore the rest of the house.

As I walked into the kitchen, which was just down the long hallway, I grabbed a cold water bottle from the fridge. "ouch! What the hell?!" A girl's voice yelled.

"Oh my gosh i'm so sorry! I didn't even know anyone was walking in behind me! Here let me help you ice it." I quickly grabbed another water bottle and held it to her head.

She held the water bottle to her forehead as she looked at me confused. "Are you one of Vinnie's tinder girls or something? I'm not sure i've met you."

"Wha...why is Vinnie always the subject around here? But no, I'm Kailah, Liza's cousin. She said it was fine if I stayed here since her apartment is packed." I explained to the dirty blonde girl.

"Oh okay. Yeah I mean that's cool. I'm kouvr! My boyfriend Alex is around here somewhere and OH, here's Thomas, one of the creators of the hype house." She smiled at me.

The tall dark haired guy walked in with a small tanned girl beside him. "Hey I'm Thomas! Are you friends with Vinnie or something?"

I slapped my hand to my face. "What is with Vin- no. I'm Liza's cousin. I'm staying here for a couple weeks." I shook my head at the questions being asked. Clearly Vinnie gets around.

"I'm Mia, Thomas's girlfriend." She smiled and stuck her hand out. I happily accepted and shook her hand back.

Liza finally walked back into the house and on perfect timing Vinnie was behind her. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a seat at the large island in the kitchen.

"So, what made you come here? Where are you originally from?" Thomas asked as he leaned onto the counter.

"Uh...I just needed to get away from home. I'm from California originally but I live in Arizona now since all my motocross events take place there." I rambled on.

"Motocross? Like the thing with the dirt bike?" Kouvr asked pretending to rev a bike.

I laughed at her action. "Yeah that thing. I've been doing it since I was ten."

They all nodded there heads, taking in every word I spoke. "I'm sure you're mom begged you not to do a boys sport." Mia laughed.

My heart sank hearing her say that and I knew she meant nothing bad by it but it just stung. I laughed slightly before excusing myself. "Yeah....um I uh..excuse me." I got up from my seat and walked past everyone.

The closest thing for me to run to was the front door. I walked out quickly holding onto my mom's necklace as I felt my tears fall. I stood leaning against the wall.

"...Hey. You good?" A male's voice spoke. I heard the footsteps get closer and then suddenly sat down next to me. Vinnie.

I sniffled as I used my shirt to wipe my face. "Yeah I'm fine."

"Oh yeah, totally okay! I mean you're as happy as ever." He cheered sarcastically.

"My mom died." I bluntly spoke. "She basically drank herself to death. I was twelve when she passed away. She was always so supportive at any competition I had. She never missed a single one of them. All she cared about was making me happy and giving me anything I asked for." I starred out into the horizon in front of me. The sun began to set.

Vinnie looked over at me and I looked at him. He wiped a tear falling down my cheek away with his thumb. "I'm not very good when people cry but I think you're a total badass and I'm almost 1000% sure your mom is proud of you." His eyes never left my face.

I gave him a soft smile. "Thanks. I'm sorry for being a bitch. Personally I don't get why the girls chase after you but you're a cool dude."

"Thanks." His smile was so big. I could tell he enjoyed hearing that.

Liza came walking out of the front door and ran to me. She gave me the biggest hug. "Ugh Kai, I love you buddy. Don't worry you don't have to talk about anything you don't want to." She held me tight.

I looked to Vinnie who stood close behind us as her and I hugged. "No, it's okay. I feel much better." I gave him a short smile as I pulled away from Liza's grasp.

HMMMM okay Kai. I see you makin googly eyes! 😉 What're we thinkin so far?