ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ

I sat this morning laying in my hospital bed scrolling through my phone. Vinnie sat in one corner and my dad in the other of the hospital room. My dad was watching his usual morning news and Vinnie was asleep.

"Should I go grab us some breakfast?" My dad stood up from his chair.

"I would love some breakfast. Just grab him whatever you think he'll eat. I want a bagel." I demanded.

"Will do. Be right back." My dad walked out of the room leaving a sleeping Vinnie and I alone.

I grabbed a pillow from behind me and threw it at Vinnie. I was finally able to sit up on my own.

"Ow! Good to know you're back to your nomal self." He fixed his hair and sat up. "Did you need something?"

I patted the space I made beside me. "Come here."

He stood up and slowly walked to my bed. He carefully sat down and laid back in the bed. I pulled his arm so that it was around my neck. I cuddled into his side.

"You do know i'm mad at you, right? I 100% want you to feel guilty but if roles were switched I wouldn't want that. But why? Why would you even consider posting stuff like that?" I looked up at him.

"Kai, I was hurt. You went and kissed Tayler and left me like I was nothing to you. I'm sorry if you feel like it's my fault but you're just as guilty. It's double standards." He argued back.

Honestly he was right but I wouldn't confess that.

"I just don't want to lose our bond. I'm sorry for kissing Tayler and i'm sorry I hurt you. I just don't want any bad blood. I want my vin back." Our eyes locked.

"I accept your apology brat. You'll always have your vin." He paused thinking about what to say next. "...do you think that we'll be able to go back to how we were?"

"I don't know. I think we just need time apart. If we're meant to be we'll find our way again. Just please don't tell me to stay away. I can't lose you. I mean...when I heard your voice it was everything I needed to hear. You gave me hope that everything would be okay....because you said you needed me. I didn't wanna wake up. I didn't want to have to face the consequences of my actions, but the minute I heard your voice I felt safe." I watched as his facial expression change. I knew it wasn't what he wanted but it was best for me to keep us close as friends until I figured it all out.

"Yeah that's cool. Most real relationships start out as friends just so ya know!" He gave me a wink and I playfully nudged him with my elbow.

My dad finally came back and we ate breakfast. My dad ans Vinnie would occasionally chat and talk about what Vinnie wanted in life. It was good to see them getting along.

The doctor who did my surgery and continuously checked in on me came into the room. "Alright ms.Hayes, so after looking at all your tests, you are clear to be discharged for later this afternoon. I'm gonna have a nurse come in and make sure your cast isn't too tight or too loose and then we'll get your paperwork started. Sound good?"

"Sounds awesome!" I replied back and she walked out. "When will I be able to go back to L.A?" I turned my head forward so I was looking at my dad.

"Buddy you need to be home to recover at least for a couple more days. You have to get used to being on crutches and be able to maneuver." He was always looking out for me.

"But I can do that in L.A and plus this isn't my first time being on crutches. I've broken plenty of bones in my time." As we spoke I got a facetime call from Tayler.

I swiped the answer button and saw his face appear on my screen.

"Hey pretty girl! I'm glad you finally came back to reality!" He smiled.

Vinnie shifted beside me. He got up and sat back in the chair in the corner.

"I'm glad i'm awake too. I feel like i've missed a lot. Thanks for being here previously. Vinnie finally flew out to see what the hype was about in Arizona." I laughed and showed Vinnie who sat in the chair.

"Hey man! Thanks for being here for Kai." Vin waved to Tayler.

"How are you big guy?" My dad butted in.

"I'm good! It's good to see everyone. Any updates?" He asked me.

"Yeah, i'm going home this afternoon. I'm gonna stay here for two or three days and then i'm flying back to L.A." I watched as my dads head turned to the side.

"That's good! When will you be back to racing?" Tayler asked, genuinely concerned.

"Um...I can't anymore. My career in motocross is over but that doesn't mean I'm completely giving up. I have a lot to be grateful for even if I can't do motocross." I looked over at Vinnie.

"You're tough, you'll survive it. Well i'll see you when you get back to California. Take care everyone! Bye Kai!" He waved goodbye and hung up.

We waited about 3 hours before the doctor came in and gave my dad my discharge papers. I carefully used my crutches to help me get to the bathroom so I could change.

I put on some athletic shorts, one of vinnie's hoodies that I stole and my birkenstocks. It was really difficult getting on my shorts since I had a big cast around my leg.

"Awh you look so pitiful." Vinnie shook his head. "At least you look cute in my hoodie."

My dad snapped his head in our direction.

"Relax dad, I stole it from his closet." I laughed.

We finished up with my discharge papers and I was cleared to go home. I was finally able to see the real world again!

Who else is glad vinnie and her dad are getting along? Will it last? Is there more drama coming...maybe👀