ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs

After dinner, the three of us headed back to the hype house. When we arrived of course Thomas and Vinnie were filiming something. They both greeted us as we got out of the uber and gave Liza and I hugs.

"You must be Kai's dad. I don't think I got to meet you yesterday. I'm Thomas. I'm founder of the hype house." He shook my dads hand.

"Oh that's awesome! It's a gorgeous house! Thanks for letting me stay here. See hun, you need a man like Thomas around you." My dad pointed at Thomas with a smirk. "I better get going to bed. I'll see you guys in the morning."

I held back my laugh as my dad walked inside.

"Does your dad not know you're basically seeing each other?" Thomas asked me while looking at both Vinnie and I.

"First, we're not dating each other and second no. Yesterday he was so rude to him for no reason. He basically told Vin that he was a lazy influencer who has someone take care of his shit for him." I crossed my arms and leaned against the car.

"Hey! I'm not lazy!" Vinnie argued.

"Really, because I do most of your errands." Liza joked.

"I mean to be fair my dad isn't fond of tattoos or social media and I think he's just misjudging you. You're definitely the opposite of a jerk." I sowly turned my head to look at Vinnie.

"Well thanks I think? I would definitely never intentionally treat someone bad,especially you." He gave me a soft smile and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"Okay well if you two are gonna make out, Liza and I are gonna go inside. That's gross!" Thomas gave a look of disgust and started making his way inside.

"Better not hurt my girl!" Liza pointed as she walked past us.

"Ughhh. I don't know what to do. I don't wanna lie to my dad but I like-." I paused.

"You like what?" Vinnie's attention was all on me.

My heart was racing and I was nervous. "I like having you around. We're friends."

"Right, friends." Vinnie nodded his head and we walked back inside the house.

I got ready for bed and untucked my sheets to climb in. Vinnie peaked his head in as he was brushing his teeth in the bathroom.

"Are you sleeping in here?" I laid sitting up, watching as his muscles flexed with every movement.

"Not tonight. I have emails and stuff I need to do, so i'll be up late." He spoke through mouth foamy from the toothpaste.

After he finished brushing his teeth he came over to my bedside and kissed my forehead before walking to his room next door.

VINNIE'S POV

How did she only see us as friends? Am I that hard to love? How does she not see that I want to be more than friends? She has to be playing a prank. It's definitely for the paps.

I slept in my bedroom tonight because I feel like she's pushing me away. I don't know what to feel.

KAI'S POV

After overthinking everything that happened today I finally crashed. I was exhausted mentally.

The next morning I woke up at 10am. I walked into Vinnie's room and he was gone. He seemed off the last night, he always wants to sleep in my bed.

"Oh hey Kai! Who are you looking for?" Kouvr asked as she passed me in the hall.

"Vinnie. Have you seen him? He wasn't in his room. I thought maybe he was out here." I used my thumb to point back to Vinnie's room.

"He's with your dad. Your dad wanted to check out his car or something?" She sounded confused or maybe she just didn't remember.

"My dad?!" I was in disbelief.

"I think so." She shrugged and walked away.

I immediately texted Vinnie hoping for an answer.

Me
Are you with my dad?
Hello?
Vinnie?
Vincent?
You're scaring me. Did he kill you?

Vin<3
I'm fine.

What is wrong with him? He's never been this dry with me before. We always talk or facetime if we're not around each other.

Five minutes after I got the text from Vinnie, him and my dad walked through the doors.

I ran up to them as they walked in. "Oh there's my two favorite boys! What were you two up to?"

"Just riding around and chatting. Right Vinnie?" My dad glanced at him.

Something was different. I wasn't sure what but someone said something to the other.

"Right." Vinnie faked a smile.

"Could I chat with you for a second?" I smiled at Vinnie and looped my arm through his as we walked to the room.

I sat down on the bed as he sat beside me. "What is going on? Why are you acting so weird?"

"He said i'll never be good enough for you and to stop acting like we don't already go behind his back. He knows Kai. He said to stay away from you or you're not welcomed back home. I can't do that to you." Vinnie's voice sounded broken, like he was empty.

"What? That makes zero sense. We're friends I don-." I was rudely interrupted.

"Can you stop saying that?! I don't wanna be your friend! But right now I have to be because I don't want you to have a bad relationship with your dad! This has to stop. We can't do whatever is going on between us anymore. I refuse to rip your relationship away from your only parent." Vinnie aggressively threw the pillow off the bed.

I watched as he paced the room. I said nothing and walked out of my room, slamming the door behind me. I walked with hard footsteps down the hall and up the stairs.

"Hey Kai! What's wrong?" Mia asked me.

I pushed past her and pushed open my dads door. "You can't keep me from seeing him. He's treated me so good since I got here! You can't do this."

"He's not good for you! You think I didn't see the tattoo of yours? Did you think I didn't go check his bedroom before I went to yours when he wasn't in there? I wasn't born yesterday Kailah. You're done seeing him. You have more important things to focus on. Either stop seeing him or you're no longer welcomed home." My dad pointed his finger in my face.

I felt the tear fall down my cheek. Vinnie meant so much to me in just such little time of knowing him. What was I supposed to do?

AWH! This hurt my heart. What would you guys do?