ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ

VINNIE'S POV

"What?! Is she okay? What happened?" I paced around my room as Thomas sat on the end of my bed.

"She's in a coma. Apparently the doctors are saying her fall caused her brain to swell along with a broken foot. She's bad vin. I think you should go see her." His eyes saddened.

"I can't. It's all my fault. She saw the posts of me and Nai. I know she did. I can't see her, not like this. It's my fault!" I pointed at my chest hard.

"It's not your fault Vinnie. Accidents happen all the time dude. You need to go see her." He begged.

"Thomas I can't. Her dad doesn't even like me. I don't wanna make things worse, She'll never forgive me." My head was all over the place.

MARLEIGHS POV

"Hey, you okay?" I sat beside Tayler in the waiting room.

"I'm alright. She's tough. I know she'll be okay. I just...I don't get why HE isn't here. If anything he should've been here before she wrecked." He deeply sighed.

"I don't know. I wish she wasn't so stubborn. From the way she talks about him, she's in love with him but she's always pushed people away. It's what she does. She'll be okay." I patted his back.

Kai's dad, Rob walked out of her room and into the waiting area. "So you can go see her but she's not awake. The doctors said she can hear you she just hasn't opened her eyes yet. It's up to her when she decides to wake up."

I looked over at Tayler. "You wanna go first or should I?"

"You can go. She's your best friend. Take all the time you need." He reassured me.

I stood up and collected myself before walking into her room. Kai's been my best friend since we were in Kindergarten. I practically lived at the Hayes' house as a kid. I was there for her when her mom died and her sister. She's been through a lot and seeing her in this condition is rough!

I sat down on the side of the hospital bed and held her hand. "Hi Kai Kai. I hope you can hear me, at least that's what the doctors are telling us." I listened as the monitors surrounding her beeped every so often. "I just want you to know that you need to hurry and wake your ass up. I need my best friend back. I can't stand seeing you like this." I felt a few tears stream down my face. "I'm gonna let Tayler come see you now. Please wake up soon...okay? I need you."

I kissed her hand and wiped my tears away as I walked out of her room. Her dad gave me a hug, reassuring me that she would be okay.

"You can go in now bud." Rob told Tayler who sat anxiously in the chair.

I grabbed his arm before he walked into her room. "All you have to do is talk. She's listening...I promise."

He nodded his head and walked into her room.

TAYLER'S POV

I sat down on the side of her bed holding her hand in mine. "Hey pretty girl. Even like this you still manage to look good. I'm assuming you can hear me. Mar and your dad, and me are worried about you. You've always been a badass and I know you'll be fine but Kai if you're listening, please just wake up soon." The tears in my eyes were on the brink of flowing out. "You can do it Kai. You're worth so much more than a girl being used for clickbait. Please wake up soon." I kissed her forehead and carefully placed her hand on her stomach.

I then proceeded to walk out and sit back down in the waiting room.

ROB'S POV( Kai's dad)

"I'll be right back you guys. I'm gonna go talk to her." I walked into her room and paced around.

This was my babygirl. My little girl was hurt. As a parent I do all I can do keep her safe...and I failed. My baby is in the hospital fighting for her life.

I sat down on the side of her bed and covered my hand on top of hers. "Hi buddy, you look so pitiful hun. I wish there was more I could do for you, I feel like I failed you. You fought your hardest out on that track. We may not have qualified but you gave it your all. I know your mom and sister are so proud of you! I just need you to be okay bud, I need you here. Mar isn't herself without you and that boy Tayler is such a good friend to be here with you. You got this babygirl. I hope to hear your voice soon." I kissed the top of her head and gave her hand a squeeze.

KAI'S POV

I could hear all of the things being said to me. I wish I could just say that i'm okay but the way they're talking to me makes me think i'm in bad condition, like i'm a car that was totaled and can't be used anymore. But maybe...I'm better of being a used car. I don't have to feel the pain of watching the boy I care about be with someone else and I don't have to choose between my dad or a boy. What if I choose not to wake up?

AHAHAH cliffhanger! ;) you're welcome. See y'all next chapter.