ʜᴏᴍᴇ sᴡᴇᴇᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ

Fast forward 2 days later, Vinnie and I are headed back to L.A after being stuck inside my house with my dad. I've gotten better at maneuvering around on my crutches and doing things for myself.

The uber had just dropped us off at the airport. Thankfully no one knew Vinnie was here in Arizona so there weren't any paps around.

We boarded our flight and took a short nap on the way home. I woke up with my head on Vin's shoulder and his head rested on top of mine.

"Vin, wake up. We just landed." I tapped his arm and he lifted his head.

"Oh okay." He stretched revealing his lower abs.

I quickly turned my head and pretended to look out the window. I then stood up wobbling around on my good leg while Vinnie grabbed my crutches from the compartment above us.

After we got off the plane and grabbed out bags we headed to the drop off/pick up area at the front of the airport.

"Alex said him and kovur are at the front." He pointed to the long line. "Found them!"

We walked to Alex's car and he got out to help Vinnie load our bags.

"Kai! How are you? I'm so glad you're okay." Alex gave me a hug.

"Me too! I couldn't wait to be back in L.A." I smiled as I hobbled around the backseat.

"Oh here I got it." Vinnie came around and opened my door for me.

"Thanks." I smiled and practically fell into the seat.

We arrived at the hype house and all carefully got out. Kovur helped me inside while Vinnie and Alex grabbed the bags.

"Oh my god Kai! I'm so glad you're back! I had to stay while Vinnie went to go see you otherwise I would've been there. How's your dad? How are you?" Liza carefully held onto my forearms.

"I'm good and my dad is good. Everyone's good. I just need to go lay down for a while." I carefully made my way to my room and sat on my bed.

Once I stepped into the room the flashback of Vinnie and I arguing just kept replaying in my head. I couldn't get the words out of my head.

"Knock knock. Here's your luggage bum. You okay? You look sad." Vinnie struggled to pull my luggage.

"I'm fine. I just don't want us to go back to hating each other. I never wanna be on bad terms even if I do dislike things you do." I looked down at the ground.

He walked up to me and with both hands he held my face, forcing me to look into his eyes."Trust me, I don't wanna go back to that either. I barely slept while you were gone. Also my parents are flying in this weekend. I rescheduled while you were in the hospital."

"Good I can't wait to meet the people who created such an amazing person." I smiled as he squished my cheeks.

"Awh how sweet. You really do have a heart." He shook my head playfully and let go.

"Oh my gosh get out! You're annoying." I flipped him off laughing.

He left my room and I laid in bed scrolling through my socials. I then scrolled through old pictures and posted one to my insta story.

NotKailahHayes has posted to her story

I posted it and continued to look back at older pictures and videos of when I used to be able to ride

"Hey kai, you alive?" Vinnie knocked on my bathroom door that led to my room

"Yeah. For the most part. Come in." I sighed.

He walked in and laid beside me laying his head on my shoulder.

"Whatcha doin?" He peeked at my phone.

"Just scrollin' through pictures. Pretending like I'll be able to go back to how things used to be before my injury." I rolled my eyes.

"Kai, you being hurt doesn't stop you from doing anything." He sat up on his elbows.

"Yes it does. Racing was all i've ever known. I feel like I disappointed my dad, all he wanted was for me to be successful."  I threw my phone down on the bed.

"Kai, you're dad is SO proud of you. If he was disappointed I'm sure he would be making you feel bad knowing your dad." He joked.

"I guess. It's just hard. I feel like a burden." I sighed heavily.

Vinnie grabbed me by my chin and turned my face to him. "You are not a burden. So shut up."

"Okay..." I couldn't help but stare at his lips. He had such soft and plump lips that it was hard to resist.

He started to lean and and just before he could kiss me I put my hand on his chest and pushed him back.

"We can't. If we want a stable relationship later on,we have to start as friends." I put my forehead on his.

"Understood. Let's just go to bed." He smiled softly.

I knew what I said hurt him but it's the truth. If him and I wanted to have a long lasting relationship, there needed to be boundaries put in place.