ʙᴜʀᴅᴇɴ

"Vinnie! Vincent! Vin! Vincent cole hacker! Hello?!" I banged loudly on his bedroom door.

As I stood waiting for it to open, Vinnie's mom came walking down the hall.

"Goodmorning Kailah! How are you sweetie?" She smiled at me.

"Doing good. Do you know if he's here? I have a doctors appointment for my leg and I was trying to see if he could give me a ride." I sighed.

"I think he went with Jett and Liza to the skate park, but if you can find a car i'll drive you." She offered.

"Are you sure? I don't wanna invade on any plans you have." I felt bad

"Of course not hun! Nate's still sleeping anyways and it gives me more time to get to know you." Maria smiled.

"Ugh you're the best! I'll go see if Alex or Thomas will let me borrow one of their cars." I carefully made my way down to Thomas's room on my crutches and knocked.

"Thomas! I need a car!" I banged on the door.

He opened it quickly and tossed me keys. "You know it's like 9am. Where could you possibly be going?"

"I have a doctors appointment." I leaned on the door.

"Do you need me to take you? I can get dressed quickly." He motioned to his clothes.

"No uh Maria is gonna take me. She offered since Vin left." I felt slightly embarrassed.

"Oh spending time with your future mother in law? Have fun!" Thomas winked.

"Oh my gosh stop it!" I laughed and grabbed the keys from him.

Maria and I got in the car and headed to the doctors office.

"So, how long have you been seeing each other?" Maria glanced over with a smirk.

"I'm sorry?" I felt my cheeks heat up. I knew exactly who she was talking about.

"Kailah I wasn't born yesterday. I know when my son is falling for someone." She focused on the road.

I looked over at her briefly and smiled. "We're on a break right now I guess you could say."

"Do you always kiss your friends? I saw you two at the restaurant the other night." She smirked.

"No but I guess this friend is different. I just don't want to rush anything." I sighed.

"I understand. Nate and I were best friends before we started dating. And Kailah, you come straight to me if you ever need anything, okay hun?" She glanced over at me.

I nodded. "Understood."

We finally arrived at the doctors office and made my way inside. The doctor took me back, examined my foot and left the room to go look at my x-rays.

"Alrighty ms.Hayes, is this your mom?"The doctor asked.

"No sir. My dad couldn't be here so she came with me." I smiled at Maria.

"I'm her boyfriends mom but I treat her like one of my own." Maria winked.

My heart skipped a beat and my eyes went wide. I couldn't help but let out a laugh. The doctor gave me a strange look before proceeding with his notes.

"Alrighty. Well I'm doctor hendricks! So unfortunately you'll have to wear this big cast for another few weeks. Today we're gonna take it off, look at the stiches, and we'll put a cast on that's just slightly smaller than this one. Now you will have to do therapy for a couple weeks, is that okay?" Doctor hendricks asked me.

"Um yeah I guess so." I shrugged.

We finally left the doctors office and headed back home. I was silent for the first few minutes.

"You wanna go get a drink or something on the way?" Maria asked softly.

"No thanks, i'm okay." I leaned my elbow on the door and rested my head on my fist.

"Are you okay sweetie? You can talk to me." Maria once again spoke.

I sighed and kept my gaze out the window. "This whole cast has really taken a toll on me. It sounds silly but it just bothers me mentally. I feel like a burden because I can't do anything for myself anymore and now I have to keep having people drive me places for therapy."

"Honey, you are not a burden to anyone. This cast is temporary. I am telling you, if you need me to come take you to the doctor, you call me and I will fly all the way from Washington to take you." Maria demanded.

"Thank you. I just wish my mom was still here." A tear rolled down my cheek.

"Honey, you're mom is so proud of you. From what I have seen since I met you, you radiate so much positivity and I know you can make anyone happy. You do what is best for you and only you." She smiled.

"Thanks Maria. I'm really glad you and Nate got to come out here." I glanced over.

We finally arrived back at the house and walked inside. I still felt bothered by therapy but I knew I had to pretend I was okay.

"Hey Kai, how was the doctors visit?" Jett asked as he walked by.

"It was okay. Have you seen Vinnie?" I looked around the living room.

"Um...uhhh...I um...-." Jetter stuttered but I interrupted.

"Spit it out! Forget it i'll just go look for him." I made my way around the linving room looking down the halls.

As I walked close to the backyard I saw some lights outside and a few shadows scattering around.

"What is all of thi- oh my gosh." My jaw dropped open.

Maria stood behind me with her phone camera on.

Vinnie stood holding flowers and a teddy bear. "Kailah I know you want to wait but I need you. I constantly think about you and I care about you so much. Will you please be my girlfriend?"

I slowly hobbled closer to him holding tightly onto my crutches. "Vinnie I...." I looked around at everyone starring at us. "Of course i'll be your girlfriend dummy." I laughed before leaning in to give him a quick kiss.

Everyone around us cheered loudly as they hyped Vinnie up. Maria was filiming and Nate clapped. It felt so surreal.

HEHEHE ;) DON'T WORRY I HAVE DRAMA COMING SOON!