ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ

I rolled out of bed just like any other day and made my way to the kitchen.

"You're up early." A shirtless vinnie stood holding the fridge open.

"Yeah. I'm hanging out with Tayler. He's taking me to lunch and then back to the compound to ride around their lot." I slid into the empty seat.

"So a date?" He shut the fridge door.

"I mean...yeah I guess. I would call it two friends hanging out but if you'd call it a date sure." I rested my hand under my chin.

"Whatever." He poured his drink in a cup and stood in silence.

"I don't know what your problem is but you're different than you used to be." I watched as he set the jug down and turned his head.

"My problem is you. How do you act like we had nothing to going on a date with someone else?" His eyes were full of pain.

"Vinnie, you pushed me away! I had no choice but to do the same. Everytime we talk it turns out just like this. What do you want me to do?" I threw my hands around in the air.

"Nothing. Just go on your date." He grabbed his cup and walked out.

"It's fine! I'll just put the jug away." When he turned around I flipped him off.

After getting up to put the juice back in the fridge, I went to my room to change. I put my motocross gear in a duffle bag and was ready to go.

I went upstairs and knocked on Alex and Kouvr's door. Kouvr opened the door and yawned.

"Well goodmorning! I was just curious if I could borrow a car. I'm going over to the compound." I gave her puppy dog eyes and batted my lashes.

"Sure, just don't wreck it." She grabbed keys off the dresser and handed them over.

I headed back downstairs and outside to the Tesla. I love this thing!

After 20 minutes of driving I finally made it to the compound. Tayler was already outside with a girl and a guy whose name I think was Markell.

"Hey! You made it." Tayler smiled walking over to give me a hug.

"I did!" I hugged him back and pulled away.

"Hi, i'm Kelianne. I assume you're the girl from the party." She stuck her hand out to shake mine.

"That would be me I guess, unless there's another girl on her way." I laugher and shook her hand.

"Oh girl i'd whoop his ass if that were the case." Markell interfered.

"Okay! Well we should get going. We'll be back here after lunch." Tayler told Markell and Kelianne.

We got in the car and Tayler drove us to a small cafe down the strip of Rodeo drive. He valletd the car and came to open my door for me. I immediately saw the paps surround us. All I could think about were the comments i'd get later. Thankfully I had a hat on to help cover my face.

"Kailah, are you and Tayler dating?"

"What happened to you and Vinnie?"