sᴇᴇɪɴɢ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ

INSTAGRAM

NotKailahHayes has posted to her story

I posted to my story and grabbed my bags

I posted to my story and grabbed my bags. I was very quiet as I rolled my bags out and headed outside to my uber.

Of course I was gonna miss being here but I just needed to be home and clear my head. Also I had to be home for my comp this weekend so I needed to leave at some point.

Eventhough everything is crazy right now I texted Tayler.

ME
Hey just wanted to tell you that I'm boarding my plane, if you want to you can fly out to pheonix and come watch my comp...just please don't tell anyone from hype that i'm here.

TAY TAY
Well now i'm bummed you left! I'll definitely try and come out. I'll let you know and I promise I won't tell.

ME
Sweet! Hope to see you soon! ;)

I turned my phone on airplane mode and sat down in my seat. Thankfully I got a window seat so I was able to enjoy the view.

After my two and half hour flight the plane finally touched down in Pheonix. I texted one of my best friends, Marleigh to see if she'd come pick me up.

Before I left for Cali, Mar and I used to hangout all the time. She also rides motocross.

ME

Hey, do you think you can come pick me up from the airport. I still have to go get my luggage so you have time.

MAR💗
Yeah of course! I'm on my way. See you in 20!

I slipped my phone into my shorts pocket and headed off the plane to go to luggage claim. As I was walking my phone buzzed.

*incoming Text from Tay Tay*

TAY TAY
Hey! I just booked a flight. I should be in Arizona tonight. Nobody knows i'm coming. I'll see you at the track tomorrow ;)

ME
OH MY GOSH! Yay! Can't wait to see ya!

I grabbed my bag from the baggage carousel and then proceeded to walk to the front of the airport where all the cars would pull up.

Knowing Marleigh she was already here. I searched up and down the line of cars and found her white jeep just a coulple cars away. I made my way to her car and she jumped out and gave me the biggest hug.

"Oh my gosh, I missed you! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. How are you?" She squealed as she wrapped her arms tightly around me.

"I'm good. Definitely needed a hug today. Not ready to see my dad or compete tomorrow but ya know." I shrugged my shoulders and then put my bags in her car.

"I know just the place to cheer you up!" She smiled as she got in the car.

She drove us to the tracks where we grew up racing and learned how to ride. We sat at the top of the bleachers as we watched the young guys and girls practice.

"Woah, who is that cutie?" Mar grabbed my phone out of my hands. I still had a picture of Vinnie and I as my lockscreen.

"Oh. That's Vinnie. He's um...he's a good friend I met while I was in Cali." I looked down.

"And why isn't mr.vinnie here? Why did you come home so soon?" She handed me my phone back.

"My dad. My dad flew out to Cali a couple days ago and you know him, he has my type picked out for me. So when he saw Vinnie and I getting close he flipped. He told me that if I continued to be around Vinnie I wasn't welcomed home. Vinnie and I had a fall out, I kissed one of his friends, and now i'm here." I leaned back as I rested my arm on the bleacher behind me.

"You kissed his friend? Kai, come on now. That's bro code and girl code." She was shocked.

"Mar I know! But what was I supposed to do? I know kissing Tayler was wrong but Vinnie and I are never gonna go back to how we were. I mean I haven't heard from him since yesterday night when we yelled at each other." I shook my head.

"I'm sorry Kai. Is Tayler at least treating you right?" Mar asked.

"I mean yeah but when i'm with him, all I can think about is Vinnie. I just feel like i'm hurting him more everytime I see Tayler.....also Tayler's gonna be here tonight." I scrunched my nose.

I felt her hand collide with my arm. "Kai, your making all the wrong mistakes. You know you're hurting Vinnie, yet you keep seeing this other douche."

"He's not a douche, he's just...a distraction. I don't know. This is why I came home, L.A is making me a monster and I don't wanna be that way. I think part of me is feeling like this because when someone gets close to me they leave. I mean my mom took her own life and part of me feels guily. She left and said goodbye through a note. I could've helped her!" I felt a tear fall as I blankly starred.

Marleigh wrapped her arms around me. "Kai, you're mom taking her own life was never your fault. I love you and I have yet to leave and I never will. You're my best friend. I know you know what's right for you. Just please open your heart to Vinnie."

After we sat there for a good three hours, Mar dropped me off at home. My dad and I talked for a while and apologized.

"Honey, I just want whats best for you. If Vinnie is who you feel like you belong with fine, I guess i'll live with it but if you wanna do your own thing that's okay too. You're my whole world kid, I need you okay? I love you buddy." My dad hugged me tight.

I had so many thoughts running through my head. What the hell am I gonna tell Tayler? Will he understand?

SORRY i'm just now updating you guys! I've been busy with work and school! I'll keep updating as best as I can!