1. Valentina

•EIGHT MONTHS LATER•

I nod at the doorman and enter the building. I get on the elevator and go up to my office floor. As soon as the door opens people scramble to get to me.

My assistant comes to me first, "Ms.Valentina you have three meetings this morning..."

I half listen as I acknowledge other people and take the papers. "You also have a meeting at a cafe near here-"

"Cancel that one please. I don't have time to eat lunch today. And cancel any meeting after two-thirty. I won't be able to make it," I tell her.

"Of course Ms.Valentina. Your manger, Ms. Nika has called and told me to tell you to call her back. She says it's urgent. Your first meeting is in twenty minutes with Christian Wolfe. Mr. D'Angelo, Ms. Brown and Ms. Lykaios is waiting in your office for you. That is all for now."

We stop at my office door. I give her a friendly smile, "thank you Ari. You've been doing amazing. Remind me to give you a bonus," I tell her and enter my office. I shut the door with my foot and glare at Blair who had her feet on my desk.

I put down the stack of papers I received and push Blair's feet off my desk. "Hey! I was comfortable," she grumbled. She fixed her glasses and looked up from her computer, her fingers still typing on the computer.

Blair was a hacker. She could basically type in her sleep. She had started hacking when she was just in eighth grade. Now at twenty-five years old she was a pro.

Sabrina sat down in front of me, a glass of whiskey in her hand. "Who's getting a bonus?"

"It's 7:30 in the morning and you're already drinking?" I narrow my gaze at her, "are you wearing my shirt?" I ask.

She shrugged, "I may have went shopping in your closet. Your pants are a little baggy on me, but I can fit your shirts."

I roll my eyes. Naveen leaned up against the wall, "I heard Lois died."

I turn to him and raise a brow, "did he?"

He nods, "found in an abandoned warehouse. Tied up and was shot three times. One in the face, two in the chest," He nods towards the tv. "Look."

I grab the remote and unmute it. "Now the police have confirmed that his cause of death was a bullet to the head. Sources say he was killed because of debts he didn't pay off. Police urge you to come forward to . . ." I turn the tv off.

I shrug, "he got what was coming to him. It was inevitable."

"I'm surprised he didn't get arrested for embezzlement first," Sabrina mused.

"It's about time, I never liked that sleezy fucker anyway," Blair grumbled and got up out her seat.

She stretches and yawns, "I'm going home. I've been up for three days. Oh I came to tell you Nika said call her back immediately or she'll chop your hair off. And we have to get dresses for that charity event Friday night."