67. Valentina / Fredrico

ONE YEAR LATER

ONE YEAR LATER

I walked out of my office building and paused when I saw Rico leaning on a limo outside. I let out a surprised chuckle and look at the door then back at him.

I smile and run to him and he wraps his arms around me. He takes my face into his hands and kisses me. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I have a surprise for you," he tells me and opens up the door. I get in with a smile and he follows.

This past year has been amazing. I let my father take back his company and mafia and I focused on my career in the fashion industry.

I'm a designer now. I discovered that I really enjoy making clothing pieces, so now not only do I have my company, but I also make custom clothing. So far I have made suits, wedding dresses, event dresses, award show clothing pieces, and many, many more things.

Leo is now a year and a half (eighteen months). He's grown up so fast. I feel like it was yesterday when he was still a new born.

Aaya is still in Italy. She has two months of school left before she's finished with the program. She loves it.

Troy still plays football and goes to school. But I have a feeling if he keeps playing the way he's playing, he's definitely going to get drafted into the N.F.L.

Alaina is working on becoming a violinist and when she visits her and my dad go to a construction site and they basically spend all their time there. They're like best friends.

Raylan is still quiet. But when Jamila is around he opens up more and engages in conversation more. I think he like Jamila the most out of all of us.

Jamila and Jaime have this weird thing going on. It's so obvious that they still want each other, but they don't act on it.

It's like feeling a sneeze coming, but it never comes.

I also gave Vegas to Jamila. Jamila got her own apartment and she was lonely, so I gave her Vegas to keep her company.

Ivy still calls me Mama, but she calls our mother mommy. Progress I guess?

My brows furrow when I know where we're going. I turn to Rico. "Why are we going to the jet?"

"We're going on vacation," he answers.

"But Leo-"

"He's fine," he reassures me. "He's with my parents."

I nod my head in understanding and get out my work phone. "Okay but I have to check with my clients. I can't just leave."

"Ari already took care of your schedule being cleared for the next two weeks. I made sure of it."

"I didn't pack a bag-"

"Yes you did," he says with a grin.

I narrow my eyes at him. "How?"