27. Fredrico

I was sitting on my couch with Rory and my parents when I heard a knock followed by a thud

Rory got up with a smile, "that must be my food!" She yelled excitedly and skipped to the door.

I follow her just for a safety precaution. She opens the door and screams. I move her out the way to find Valentina bloody on the floor.

"Go get your medical bag," I tell Rory and she rushes back inside.

I pick Valentina up bridal style and carry her into the house. Mama gasps when she sees Valentina. "What the hell happened?" Dad asked and stood up.

I don't answer and go to the kitchen. Rory set down a cot on the ground and I set her down on it. Rory puts on gloves. "Tie her hair up," she ordered and gave me a hair tie.

I lift Valentina's head up and gather her hair and put it in a bun as best as I could and Rory put a cap on her head.

She cuts off her shirt and pants. She grimaced when she saw the nasty bruises that were forming on her body and the long, deep cut on her shoulder blade.

Rory checks her heartbeat, "fuck, it's low," she mumbled. She cleans off her arm and sticks a needle in her arm.

I grab my phone and call Derek. "I need you to look in a crash a couple of blocks from my penthouse. Send a clean up crew and recover whatever is in the cars," I tell him.

"I'll update you in an hour," he said and hung up.

"With these injuries, there's no way she could've walked a couple of blocks to here," Rory said.

I shook my head, "Valentina is too stubborn to just lay there and wait for someone to come. She walked here. I know it."

I make another call to Derek, "Get the nearest footage you can of the crash as well. I need it from every angle you can find," I tell him.

"Got it. I'll forward it to you once I have it," he said and I hung up.

Rory cleans her up on the front side of her body and I flip her over to the back side. Blood dripped down her neck from her hair. Her back had cuts filled with glass in them and she had a huge gash on the back of her thigh.

"Fuck," Rory mumbled and took off her cap. She took out her hair tie and looked at her scalp. "She'll need stitches in her scalp. Looks like she hit her head hard off of something."

She parts her hair and finds glass also in some of the wounds. "How the hell did she walk here with this head injury? It's insane," Rory mumbled.

"Should I call Mila?" Mama asks.

"No. That'll just worry her," I tell her.

Rory cleans and stitches her wounds up and take off her gloves. "Keep this I.V in her. She'll need lots of fluids. When she wakes up she'll need to hydrate and eat."