45. Fredrico

Valentina takes off down the hallway

Derek looks at me. "You look angry," he whispered.

"Trust me, i'm not," I tell him.

He chuckled, "You're a shit liar."

I hit him in the chest and get up. "Asshole," he cursed at me. I grin at him.

"Ms. J where's the bathroom?" I ask.

"Down the hall to your left."

I thank her and take off down the hallway.

I knock on the door before entering. Valentina stood in front of the mirror. She turned her head. "Thank you for saving me from any more embarrassment," she said and cleared her throat.

I come in and shut the door. "You talking to me now?" I ask.

She shrugged, "Are you ever going to pay me for the vase you broke and apologize for kidnapping me?"

"I apologize for kidnapping you. But i'm not apologizing for break that vase. I did you a favor, it was hideous."

She doesn't find humor in what I said at all. She glares at me, "Are you calling my father's taste hideous?"

I shrug, "I'm not calling his taste hideous... That decision he made just wasn't a great one."

She arched an eyebrow and crossed her arms, "Why are you in here anyway? Thought you couldn't stand to look at me?"

I lean back against the door, "I needed to use the restroom."

"Needed? Sound like you don't anymore." She said and turned her full body towards me. "Let's be honest here, why are you really in here? I know it isn't to catch up or check on me after that embarrassing moment."

She drops her arm and leans on the bathroom vanity for support. She tilts her head, "Is there something you need? Or you just missed seeing my pretty face? I know it's probably the second option."

I chuckle, "You ever consider that you might be a narcissist?"

Valentina shrugged. "I know i'm pretty. I wouldn't be a model if I wasn't. I wouldn't say i'm narcissistic, but you show the traits a lot more than I do."

"Oh yeah?" I ask.

She took a step closer and nodded, "Let's be real, you had to hack the system. There's no way you were voted for Sexiest Man Alive. I refuse to believe it. Out of all of the candidates?"

I smirk and run a hand down my toned chest, "I know you think i'm sexy. I know the first time you saw me you had to double take."

She rolled her eyes. "I nearly threw up in my mouth. Especially when I saw you the first time without a mask. I wish you would put the mask back on."