20. Valentina

I open my door and Nika comes in

I open my door and Nika comes in. "Hello my favorite sexy Latina! How're you?"

I rub my eyes, "i'm fine. How're you?"

"Your response was dry, but i'll take it. Anyways the shoot is today. I texted you last night, you read it, but you never replied."

"I know, Ivy threw up all over my phone. Her acid reflex is fucking terrible. Then she didn't want to go to bed so I stayed up all night with her."

I stifle a yawn, "would you like something to eat? I made breakfast for my mom and sister?"

"You know I could never say no to a plate," she says happily.

We walk to the kitchen. "This is Nika, my friend and manager. I don't think you've met her before," I introduce them.

Nika says hello to both of them and they happily respond. Ivy crawls out of Aaya's lap and onto Nika's. "Hi sugar plum! Aw you get cuter every time I see you!" Nika squealed in delight and hugged her.
Ivy giggles and chews on her fist.

I take Ivy from her so she could make herself a plate and I sit down. I give Ivy her bottle and she lays in my arms. I close my eyes as I think about the things I have to do today.

Photo shoot in the morning, five meetings, go to my fashion company and make sure everything is okay, take Aaya to sign up for her classes, pick Jamila up from Liliana's, a meeting with annoying ass Fredrico-

"Are you going to eat sweetheart?" Jamila asks.

I open my eyes, "no. I'm not hungry," I tell her.

She frowned, "but you didn't eat dinner yesterday."

"I'm fine. Trust me. I'll eat after the shoot." She nods and I close my eyes again.

It's been a week since I beat the shit out of Alfonso. Aaya and Jamila have been staying with me ever since.

I haven't heard anything from Jamila's sons. So far only Amir has tried to contact Aaya on instagram, but she blocked him.

Ivy got used to them very quickly since she loves people. I, on the other hand hate people.

I got Aaya into the same college Troy goes to. She wanted to be far away from Alfonso and her brother, but close enough to come back every weekend to see Jamila and I.

Troy and her are also kinda friends, so at least she won't be up there alone. I got Jamila and her both into therapy, because they definitely need that shit after dealing with Alfonso.

Once Nika got done eating I got Ivy ready and washed my face. I threw on some random sweatpants and a shirt I found on my floor and put on my sandals.

"I'll pick you up later," I tell Jamila and give her a small hug.

"Aaya please come home on time so I can take you up to college," I say and give her a small hug. "And don't try to run away from your guards."

She frowns, "But they're always up my ass. Can you tell them to back off?"