52. Valentina / Fredrico

It's Christmas morning

I get Amir's meds ready and get his breakfast ready. It was just a blueberry muffin, banana, yogurt with fruit, and orange juice.

Amir has been with us since we took those family pictures. Jamila and Aaya didn't want him to be alone anymore and I can finally look at him without seeing that video play.

I open Aaya's door and find them cuddling together. I put his food down on the nightstand and he pops up. "It's just me and Jamila," I tell him.

He goes from looking terrified to relieved. Jamila sits down on the bed with a smile. "Morning. Merry Christmas."

Amir smiles, "Hi Mama."

"We won't really be eating until we go to the Rossi's. They're hosting Christmas this year. It's a light breakfast compared to what your chef cooks you, but it's just enough to take your meds. You won't meet with your therapist until the 28th," I tell him.

He nods, "Thanks Val."

Aaya wakes up with a groan, "Why is it so bright in here."

I leave Jamila to wake them up and go into Troy's room. He was halfway off the bed, snoring with his mouth wide open.

I don't even know how Ivy got in here, but she's here. Knocked out next to him, sucking on her pacifier.

I crawl into the bed and lightly shake Troy, but it doesn't work. After several minutes of shaking, I decide to just yell. "Merry Christmas!"

He jumps and falls onto the floor, taking all of the blankets with him.

Ivy wakes up and spits out her pacifier. She crawls over to me and gets onto my lap. I hold her and kiss her forehead. She quickly falls back asleep.

Troy gets up from the floor while rubbing his eyes. "Was that necessary?"

"Merry Christmas," I repeat.

He smiles, "It's Christmas! Merry Christmas!"

He tries to run, but gets caught up in the blankets and almost falls on his face. He gets up, "Come on Val! We have to open our presents!"

Troy loves Christmas. Ever since we came to the states and we've been able to have a real Christmas, he's been obsessed.

I pick Ivy up and follow him. He runs down the stairs and almost takes Jamila out. Vegas barks at him.

He caught her, "Sorry Mama J. Merry Christmas!" He gives her a quick hugs and rushes to the family room.

Jamila looks at me, "Is he always this excited?"

I nod, "Ever since we came to the states, he's been obsessed."

"Dude!" Troy yells, making Amir flinch. "We're matching!"